Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

Hanger Pack 1 - Concept Pack

Guest RKSL-Rock

In the last few weeks i've been taking a look at the contents of my Projects folder. The Hanger Pack is going ot be the first of a few addons in the next few weeks.

This is a "Concept Release" - by that I mean its intended to prove the basic models, geometry etc.

RKSL-Hangersgry_th.jpg

Large Image HERE

RKSL-Hangersdes_th.jpg

Large Image HERE

RKSL-Hangersgrn_th.jpg

Large Image HERE

While I don't intend on updateing these models in future they will be the basis of another addon pack in the near future. I'd like to hear the community's comments regardig the LoD distances used. Any comments please either post here or use the Feedback option in on my site:  http://www.RKSLStudios.info or http://www.rksl.sol-legion.net

<CLICK> for the Readme

<DOWNLOAD> from here.  (Registration Required)

As alway mirrors are always welcome.

Let me know what you think.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Look good, are they based on real ones?

Only very losely. When I was working at Airbus in Filton about half the manufacturing site is made of Sheds and Hangers like this.

Look good, are they based on real ones?

Only very losely.  When I was working at Airbus in Filton about half the manufacturing site is made of Sheds and Hangers like this.

That's why the look so familiar then! I'm just accross the road from there at Rolls Royce.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ha small world!  I used to work in 09A just opposite where the Concorde is now.

Ha small world! I used to work in 09A just opposite where the Concorde is now.

Indeed, you still in the area then?

Just tried them now and they are very nice, they also remind me of the hangers in RAF St Athan near the gate to Picketston, I think they are/were used for servicing Nimrods, only difference is they have an extra roller shutter door above the main doors to allow the tail to pass through.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Nah i'm in London for a while - I'm a contract Consultant/Project Manger, left Airbus to goto Accuracy International, then MoD now with Glock for the next 4 weeks then I'm looking for another job.

They look pretty good. I've seen so-called final releases not half as good as these!

This could be used for many things.

It would be really nice if somebody could create and over head crane and the rails to go in this Hangars, so they could be converted into industrial plants, we use similar buildings where I work.

Overhead_Crane_Systems.jpg

Over head crane.

Regards

@CERO

Guest RKSL-Rock
When will it be done (fullversion)

Classic reply number 1 = "When its done!" wink_o.gif

very nice work on the hangars! smile_o.gif Looks realistic but only downer is that i would've wanted to see openable/ closeable doors tounge_o.gif so i ran around the inside and tried to find the close doors switch biggrin_o.gif but other than that good work, i haven't tried to drive any planes in there yet but i'll see if i can do some more testng later this week unclesam.gif

Havn't downloaded them yet but from what I can see those are concentiana doors which as such would be very very very hard to get to open using current OFP limits. (at least to look right that is)

I might give it a try but we talking months as I have a lot of other ofp matters to deal with.

Guest RKSL-Rock
very nice work on the hangars!  smile_o.gif  Looks realistic but only downer is that i would've wanted to see openable/ closeable doors  tounge_o.gif  so i ran around the inside and tried to find the close doors switch  biggrin_o.gif  but other than that good work, i haven't tried to drive any planes in there yet but i'll see if i can do some more testng later this week  unclesam.gif

I should have pointed this out when i made the original post. These are all static with no animations.

The V2 pack will have animated doors but it is incredibly hard to make the main doors open and close realistically bue to OFP's game engine. Everything has to be done by rotation. Somethign that limts the scale of what i can do bearing in mind these hangers are 50m wide!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Are these hangars large enough to fit a nimrod in?

Yes, or:

B-2

U-2R with plenty of room to spare.

5x Tornados

4x F-15 (Footmunch's)

...just to give you and idea.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Are they destructible?

depends on hard you it them smile_o.gif

Not holding this island back just because of those hangars then smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Not holding this island back just because of those hangars then  smile_o.gif

Well these hangers are complete, they wont be updated.

Essentially what i wanted was feed back on size, LOD distances and WRPTool/Visitor issues etc so that I can make sure the higher detail V2 pack will be better.

So if you are happy to use thes then please go ahead.