Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door, ladder on house

When i added the house thru the config the ladder worked but need it to work even if i placed on the wrp, and it won't work, the "comments" in geo lod like: class house, dammage building is the same as one of the view towers with ladder. Still doesn't work.

Also got a door for another house, named everything like domek_zluty or whats the name is (yellow house in res that has working door) and I don't get any "action" for open, close.

Sadly, I don't know the answer, but I do know that I've seen this exact question here before. Someone may have answered it in a past thread.

Quote Originally Posted by (Crowley @ Oct. 01 2004,04:53)
    Sadly, I don't know the answer, but I do know that I've seen this exact question here before. Someone may have answered it in a past thread.
    belive me i searched..

anyone knows if there anything special if you binarize the houses, like cfgmodels viewtower?

Instead of the Class House, try Vehicle. And Binarize does need a proper cfgModels section where the house has to be:
    class Default {};
    class Vehicle: Default {};
    class Housename: Vehicle {};

It doesn't matter what you name the components, I think the names need to be those 'built-in' ones only on real vehicles. Ladder just needs the Start and End vertexes in the Memory Lod.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    try this:
    Buildings placed in a map making utility need special properties for the building to be recognised by O2

In O2 give the geometry lod a property:
    Property Name: Class
    Value : House.

Might as well add these too:

Property name: Map
    Value: House

Property Name: Dammage
    Value: Building
    Home of "Colour Blind" an animated 3D indie film production

We are now fully operational - that is, we are in a constant flap instead of having isolated confused situations.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.: Rebel Without a Pause

still doesn't work

ftp://granq.homeip.net/house.zip

door that doesn't work in this one..

Master Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by (.granQ. @ Sep. 30 2004,14:35)
    When i added the house thru the config the ladder worked but need it to work even if i placed on the wrp, and it won't work, the "comments" in geo lod like: class house, dammage building is the same as one of the view towers with ladder. Still doesn't work.
    Do you have this line in the config?

ladders[]={{"start","end"}};

And what class is it? Try with something like

class ViewTower2 : House{};

Or download my buildings pack and see if I did anything differently.
    SYFH

in config it is easy to get it to work, problem is i need to get it to work if you put it in your "world" file. So not added thru a config

Master Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by (.granQ. @ Oct. 25 2004,01:40)
    in config it is easy to get it to work, problem is i need to get it to work if you put it in your "world" file. So not added thru a config
    It still needs to have a definition in the config or else it might not work correctly on the map. I had the same problem earlier, but it started to work after I added class / house in the geo lod. But I always had the building defined in the config. Maybe there's an answer to your problem in brsseb's tutorial? (google for brsseb, the site should be the first one on the list)

I just read through one of my own threads and about the animation thingy, I got this answer:

"To make doors work or other custom animations this needs to be entered in the cfgvehicles section of your addon:"
    <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">animated=1; [/QUOTE]

i don&#39;t see the official buildings in the config?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast