Sign in to follow this  
Silent Pro

ODOL >>MLOD Problem

Hi,

I recently took Hyk's Woodland Officer and wanted to upgrade that old stinky Hotdog Stand Cap to a proper US Army patrol cap. So i did, but the problem is that the lower torso part of the model warps but...everything else is pretty much fine.

I've tried downloading BIS's sample models but they seem to no longer be available for download due to the ftp being down. I did manage to use Matthijs's Int. soldier for reference but that got me no where. If someone has encountered this problem what do i need to do to fix it.

P.S I know that ODOL Explorer screws some parts of the model up, but i really dont have any other options for creating a soldier right now. Especially since all i want to do is modify the hat. wink_o.gif

Many Thanks,

Silent Pro

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

... and you use which version of the odol-explorer ?

v2.44 or older ?

you can also try to reset the points in the selections look at a standard BIS modelto see how they are.

STGN

I think the problem is with the "lzadek" or "pzadek" named selections. Its a typical problem when someone wants to add a pocket, an ammo case, a canteen,a vest or something to the model. Check those parts and maybe you will find vertices don't belong to the parts I mentioned above. Redefine the part again with the "independent" vertices and take a look at them in the game.

That looks like the guy has **** his pants big time  biggrin_o.gif

Anyway... open the model in O2 , locate the areas that droop and select them , now hold shift and press E for face properties

Look at the "surface" section , make sure that the "normal" option is selected .

Having never made a soldier addon , i cant tell you if any of the parts need other selections , but from the pic it looked like you have "Keep Hieght(fence)" selected.

Hope this helped

Thanks guys. I'll give everyone's suggestion a shot. I just got back from a nice weekend with my girlfriend.

Lester,

Im using the v.2.0 standalone public release.

Forget the buggy V2.0 and use the extreme bugfixed ("... but not offical wow_o.gif ") V2.44 version.

Saw this just yet but Odol to Mlod convertor mess the selections not all selections but some selections goes weird with 2.00 and 2.44 you need to select the selections that messed up and manualy you need to re-define those selections wink_o.gif