Sign in to follow this  
AiRBLaDE

OFP language question - cryillic text

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to set my OFP to see cryillic text instead of english.  And what I already tried to do was install 1.91 russian patch into my OFP, and it did install but when I opened up the game and looked at all the text, it was all these messed up looking letters that have a bunch of accent marks on top of them.  Does anyone know a way to fix this so my OFP will see cryillic text?  Is there a certain thing I can download for this?  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

edit: and also, I have windows XP, and it already does have cryillic fonts installed, but for some reason my OFP wont translate those garbled letters with accent marks on top to cryillic!

I'm not totally sure on this, but iirc, the russian port is a significant port of all the strings and stuff by a russian translation firm, and I doubt that all the material would be available only in a patch. You most likely need to purchase the full translated copy in russian, and then patch it up.

u have to download the russian fonts.pbo and put it in your \OFP\Dta and \OFP\Res\dta

-It wont mess up with latin letters, youll see both cryillic and Latin.

Try to find it on flashpoint.ru or contact me by msn and ill send it to you (elyeskh@hotmail.com)

Are there any more language(charakter)-packs? If yes, would it be a good idea to combine them in one DL? I really hate it to be unable to read the comments from other people when I play online...

could you please post a link to that Russian fonts.pbo? that would be great... smile_o.gif

Nice, thanks! But It does affect the 'original' typeset... no German/French characters anymore... and it changes the font to 'Impact'.

yes little bit...

right now most of noobs like to make their names to look cool with such characters as - unicode symboles, crosses and etc - with russian fonts.pbo you won't see them, instead you'll see russian letters.

Is there a way to edit the fonts.pbo-file? E.g. to add more characters?

EDIT: Nevermind... it will probably have a fixed characternumber...

So, this fonts.pbo, will it make me able to read cyrillic text?

Oh wait... just remembered... damn it!