Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

Crazy Lightning

I ´ve noticed in Ingmae that some Poly are lighten from diffrent points. I´ve tried Sharp edges to solve but then it wouldn´t look round. How to fix. The only way i found is to set it up to Half lighted but then the tex look to bright to the rest.

And if F5 doesn't work, try to select the faces and select "Points"->"Merge near" with a quite small value, then try F5 and sharp edges again.

(Be careful that you don't merge points of different objects that you don't want to merge!)

Check faces.(structure>check faces) when you do it,then check non-planar faces (you found this in selections,after cheking faces,selection will be created automaticly).If those non planar faces are on that part of model where is "crazy lighting" then do triangulate (strcture>...)

Your problem may lie in the face properties.

To check this , select an area that is behaving as it should be , without the "crazy lightening" ...that is in the same situation as the afected part , i.e if its a wheel thats screwy , select the nearest wheel thats unafected .

Now you have the area / faces selected , hold down shift and press "e" to bring up the face properties and make a mental note of which boxes are checked, repeat this process for the afected area and check the properties match .

In a nutshell :- Check the face properties with " Shift- E "