Sign in to follow this  
edi

Patrol

Hi to everyone from Rome Italy. I like a lot OFP, just sometimes i would like it a little more realistic. For that i ask if is possible do something to force a patrol team to walk with weapons in hands ready to fire and like they walk in a patrol. In a way if is possible to change the behave of soldiers when they are in mode aware, making them walk liek in safe mode and not run.

that probably will make the game a little less dynamic but more near to soldiers' behave then to horses, lol.

ciao and sorry for my poor english

edi

I believe you are looking for :

<group leader> setSpeedMode "LIMITED"

or

<group> setSpeedMode "LIMITED"

only thing is you need to set it back to "FULL" to allow them to run again

junker and crashdome, ty a lot for the answer. i tried your commands, that goes better. Anyway i'm looking for something little different. i want that units could walk taking weapons in hands, like they are doing a patrol; with limited speed they move slow but they keep running anyway. Maybe there is a script or something else, anybody can help?

ciao and ty again

edi

In each unit init line, if they are not a whole squad

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setunitpos "up"; this setbehaviour "SAFE"; this setspeedmode "LIMITED"

If you want the whole squad, add in the officer init line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">STANCE="up"; BEHAVE="SAFE"; WALK="LIMITED"; "_x setunitpos STANCE" foreach units group this; "_x setbehaviour BEHAVE" foreach units group this; "_x setspeedmode WALK" foreach units group this

And in the waypoint of the squad, put the formation "column" and they all will walk slowly, gun pointed

Sanctuary thank you a lot. i tried and it works good. I think is the best we can reach with normal behaviours. i hope someone can do some scripts to make units walking and just having the guns in hands like when they stand.

ty a lot