Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Ballistics charts/ballistics info

Hey, just a quick one: does anyone know where I can find any good, reliable ballistics charts for ammo/weapons?

What I'm basically looking for a comprehensive list of ammo that includes projectile weight, muzzle energy, muzzle velocity etc. Mainly for military ammo, but also civvy ammo if possible.

Cheers wink_o.gif

I have this only for M16 / M4 with different ammo and barrel length.

Guest RKSL-Rock

What sort of ammunition size are you looking at?

There is no accurate stanadardised set of tables that i know of because perfomance is dependant on each manufacturer's interpretation of the calibre and the load.  Although there are some software packages that will calculate it all for you. given some basic info, projectile mass, charge etc

Your best bet is to find a manufacturer that makes the calibre of round you want to use and look at their charts.

But anyway here's some links:

Sportsman's Guide

Rifle Ballistics Table

Ballistics For Dummies

Free Ballistics Software (30Day Trial)

Load Ammo Free Demo

Ballistic Explorer Demo

Modern Ballistics DemoBallisitcs and Ammo Info

Anyway hope this helps.

What I'm basically looking for a comprehensive list of ammo that includes projectile weight, muzzle energy, muzzle velocity etc. Mainly for military ammo, but also civvy ammo if possible.

Any loader's manual.

I'd check out manuals from the powder-manufacturers.

Vithavouri, Bullseye etc

Personally I use Vithavouri and its powder when I load 9x19 and .45

most ammo manufacturer's websites should have ballistics tables for their products, especially for high end precision shooting. These are going to be the most accurate. Military ones are pretty general based on caliber whereas, these will have precise data on specific loads. As far as ballistics for a weapon those will be pretty general and based mostly on barrel length and caliber. Again, those can be found through the manufacturer.