Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

County Sheriff Police car

Hi, here's two pictures of my Yucata County Sheriff police car, a Ford Crown Victoria p71 police interceptor.  I'm hoping that i can get the police officers and SWAT units made too.  Of course, the car's not textured yet, but if anybody is interested in helping, you're more than welcome.

Yucata1.jpg

yucata2.jpg

im in for the beta testing too looks pretty cool and i can find you reference pics and give you so real life insight my dad used to be a gov agent so he has alot of swat like equipment laying around pm if your interested

we've got enough beta testers we just need a good texturer who can texture regular objects and gizmo or whatever its called. i hope we get some texturers so sumthin like what happened to spence's arleigh wont happen to us (well, we wont delete it, i'll be sure and keep a copy smile_o.gif)

My father owns a black 2004 Crown Victoria, if that helps any....

Damn! great model! always i´ve liked the crown victoria

Looks V good try contacting Scanger he made a vgood police car a while ago might be able to share some knowledge.

If you feel like doing another model *cough* a nissan patrol would be nice and a good police vehicle to boot..

Delta Hawk...

Wow, I can't wait for this one to be released...

I can't really offer any texturing skill to you I'm afraid, but like the other posters here, I'll be more than happy to alpha/beta test for you.

Unfortunatley I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic to help you with primary photo resources... but I'm in the right job if you need any other random help on police stuff!! wink_o.gif

----====== Can I make a suggestion though... ======----

...Could whoever has the skill and eventually textures this vehicle please make it fairly easy to de-pbo and re-texture so that (with permission of DELTA HAWK) there can be some kind of community set up where anyone (once again with permission) can make their local police force's vehicle and possibly upload them to a dedicated site such as in operation with the Need For Speed Series of games.

Just a thought... but a good one I think smile_o.gif

I like your idea Privateer570! All you would need is the textures and some sort of file that says it uses the crown victoria for its model or whatever and slaps on the textures, kinda like what BAS did wit the pavies, they didn't make u d/l the whole thing.......

But....why would we release a non/is texturered vehicle to the public for them to texturer their own version if we can't get any help?

Yup, that's what i had in mind. The basic car is a white P71 police interceptor, used by police forces in america. I would need it textured to support other cars too as we would release it where, hopefully, other would make their own police car. The equipment is also replaceable.

But out of this car, i'm hoping that we can get a County Sheriff cruiser, Texas DPS, and LAPD for another mod. I don't think we will be able to make another sedan police car, but i might make a Dodge Durango police SUV

@WackyIraqi, Yeah... but that's not exactly what I meant -

I meant that first of all, we (when I say 'we'... I mean someone with more skill than me!!! ) need to get the original textured in say DELTA HAWK's original paint scheme his Yucata County Sheriff and release that.

Then, whoever textured the Sheriff's car could also include a blank white 'canvass' zipped in the pbo so that if one was to un-pbo it, it could be used as a starting point to paint your own. - I didn't mean use some sorta scripting to do some sexy paint changing mid game or anything... nothing that mental!!

Granted, it would take a bit of skill to make your own paint scheme but its a lot less than starting out from the beginning... I mean even I can make my own (pretty decent) paint schemes if I have something to start from... and god knows you guys don't want to see a British Police Car as the default colour scheme - click the thumbnail!

West_Mercia_012.th.jpg

p.s. And yes, before you say it I KNOW they are not Crown Vics (They're Vauxhall Omegas) but its the closest we have here  biggrin_o.gif

I think the question about retexturing is more of "Can it be made to easily convert current exterior graphics in order to resemble other patrol car paint schemes?"

The interior textures would remain the same, but maybe once the final version with textures is released, the base texture for the exterior only could be left available for editting (with permission) to allow other users to modify the textures to more closely match the style they like. Simply changing a door emblem would not work as well, since many agencies have various colors as well as pinstriping and logos in multiple locations around the vehicle.

I have worked with law enforcement on a regular basis, and think I can help the texture artist with some help in regards to overall paint schemes, logos, etc.

One question though, are you able to include a properly functioning lightbar and siren for the vehicle? I don't know how well these things would work in MP, but even for SP would be nice. The JMG vehicles are great, but their lightbars kind of...suck. (No offense to them, I love their patrol cruiser and firetruck)

@ Ninja_STO Thats exactly what I mean (I think we must have been writing this at the same time!! )

regarding the lightbars... its not like I'm obsessed rock.gif but I have every OFP police vehicle and the best one I think is probably the strobe effect one on the Finish Defence Force Mod 1.3 police car.

Coming second would be the GAZ24 Police vehicle for its rotating beacon effect (if that could somehow be incorporated into a bar system that would be VERY cool) but the strobe one would be a lot easier!

Below is an example of some of the work I can assist with. This is a base template for a 2004 Crown Vic, used to assist police departments in designing a graphic. One could use a paint program to edit it, and use that as a reference in modifying an existing texture. I use Photoshop 6.0 but there are many other programs available. The original exterior texture could be changed to match the person's new design by swapping this template to the texture. If I am to understand things correctly, it wouldn't be too much work.

crownvictemplate.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to mention I also have templates like this one for the Explorer, Expedition, Impala, Intrepid, and Suburban, all 2004 models. I also have many pre-designed schemes available as reference.

Ah, just hit my mind. Dont make the Doge Durrango or whatever it is. Make a Undercover BURBAN!!!! w00t! tounge_o.gif with the entire thing black with black tint on all the windows with black hubcaps. (or we could always put some spinners on it tounge_o.gif)

Here's a cool idea for undercover cars.

undercover.gif

Logo can be made to appear only when "pursuit mode" is engaged, such as turning on lightbar etc. Or using an action menu, a pursuit mode can make graphic appear, lightbar on, and sirens wail. What do you guys think?

lol i was looking at that pic and i thought my eyes were acting up lol yeha thats a good ider..lol

Quote[/b] ]Here's a cool idea for undercover cars.

undercover.gif

Logo can be made to appear only when "pursuit mode" is engaged, such as turning on lightbar etc. Or using an action menu, a pursuit mode can make graphic appear, lightbar on, and sirens wail. What do you guys think?

This car i've seen while doing my research...it is a stealth traffic cop car.  These cars mainly handle traffic violations and can call additional units if the suspect is PMSing.  That sign that glows is just a reflector decal (i don't you can turn them on).  It also has police lights in the grill, headlights and mounted on the dash board.  We could very easily make a car like this, but i have NO CLUE how to do reflectors. rock.gif

@ ninja I think i'm gonna use that crown vic template to design the sheriff's car, thank you.  I'm not sure if i will make a different model car, but those pics are great references for making models and textures.  I might be interested in a ford expidetion and intrepid.  smile_o.gif

P.S. NO WAY in hell are we gonna use a cheat, ghetto ass wheel selection for the lights lol crazy_o.gif

@Ninja_STO

I know I've seen these templates before on the web (as I downloaded the Crown Vic before as well!) but I can't remember where the hell they were!  you got a URL?

I could only find a similar page Police Vehicle Templates

It has a Crown Vic, Lumina and a couple of 4x4 vehicles.

I've put a few of the vehicles here - click the thumbnails!

gra-crownvic.th.gif

gra-lumina.th.gif

gra-tahoe.th.jpg

I forgot to comment earlier and I must say that is a some nice modelling you do there ,your stuff is top-notch Delta Hawk

The "Stealth Car" is in fact a reflective decal used for undercover patrol units. It uses a special film that only reflects at night, so during night the car shows as a marked unit, and during day you see nothing. To simulate this in OFP, just make some sort of texture that can be applied and removed by script using the action menu. Not that important, but some might find it fun.

These are templates from a law enforcement company I deal with often. They are in PDF format, so for the aspects I posted here I just took a screen shot and trimmed the edges. If you want to check out their site for different logo ideas, color schemes, etc the link is Galls Vehicle Graphics Store.

A good example of modern law enforcement design here.