Sign in to follow this  
deathsai

Help with ecp and saved games!

mad_o.gif I'm really mad at ECP! Whenever I try to play a campaign with it, everything works fine. Until I turn off my computer or exit out of OFP, then when I try to start it up again, guess what? It gives me some crap about how it can't find item 6 or something, then CTDs.

How can I get my game back! Also, can I find DR Sounds somewhere standalone? ECP lags my computer down, but all I really want is the sounds.

Go to Opflash.org they have dynamic range sound pack. And this should really belong in the ECP thread in A&M complete.

This is a much-discussed problem which occurs when too many scripts are running. There is no solution, except to run OFP without ECP. I usually play missions with FDF mod, because it has nice FX and the saves can still be loaded.

The link you posted didn't work.

I guess I'll have to start the campaign over again  sad_o.gif

Nevermind, I downloaded the DR sound pack but it is definetly NOT the one used in ECP. Can anyone provide me a direct link?

The ECP boys are working on a fix for the savegame bug that look promising. Hopefully they can tweak it so we can play with ECP and load our savegames smile_o.gif

The DR in ECP is improved performance- and sound-wise in comparison to the old version.

To your problem: someone posted that it helps to disable some stuff in ECP so that less scripts are running. Then your savegames will work again.

mad_o.gif  I'm really mad at ECP! Whenever I try to play a campaign with it, everything works fine. Until I turn off my computer or exit out of OFP, then when I try to start it up again, guess what? It gives me some crap about how it can't find item 6 or something, then CTDs.

We have made dramatic improvements lately--the likes of which we didnt even think were possible. These include:

1) Very high chance we have solved the save game bug.

2) Dramatic increase in overall performance.

....so stay tuned wink_o.gif

Also, please refer to the ECP thread if you want the team to be able to answer your questions.

Zay blues.gif

What is the FDF mod for sound? I have found the "Finnish Defence Forces" Mod - is that it? Does this contain some improved sounds?

It is a total conversion mod. It cannot be used with ECP, but it does have new sounds and recoil values.