Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: 1.97 servers running at:

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]even renaming res to vbs - any ideas?
    Off course - stop messing around with VBS, unless you have a pretty good Internet anonymizer. All you login attempts were tracked and a special service group is already on its way to your place.

... I am sorry for this sarcastic joke, but really, what do you expect to get out of this? Even if the server in question would be an ordinary OFP server, connecting to a different version server with a different data set would still lead you nowhere.

Moreover, trying to get a login to a server which clearly is not intended for you is impolite, at aleast.
    Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by (Suma @ May 12 2004,15:45)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]even renaming res to vbs - any ideas?
    Off course - stop messing around with VBS, unless you have a pretty good Internet anonymizer. All you login attempts were tracked and a special service group is already on its way to your place.
    IIIK, i tried alot of times

Quote Originally Posted by (DiabloTerror @ May 05 2004,14:48)
    ehh.1.97 ? I thought 1.96 was final
    The 1.96 final is the final revision of that version (instead of being 1.96 beta or Release Candidate 1), not the final OFP version.

Although I don't think BIS will be rewarding us with more patches before OFP2, unless some spectacular super-bug is found, like the CD jumps out of the CD-player, breaks down and stabs players to death.

Hehehe, beware though! You guys at BIS might be trialed as well because you encouraged us to do this by not releasing new OFP2 information. It is all partly your fault ***

I would say ADFA is currently in testing phase before introducing VBS.

Why it is shown in normal ofp server list dunno but it is quiet unusual.

Maybe it is a newer version specially made for ADFA...

But nothing for us... so nice to see, but nothing to highlight.
    Security on BI games!

www.ofpsentry.de.vu www.ALSR.de

I should bring this thread to Oliver Stones attention.
    Bet he can make a great conspiracy movie out of it, its about time he makes a good movie again!!
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please" then I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes"

i am just having very very little hope that we (regular ofp users) still may benifit of this - at least 1.97 & 1.98 very close to 1.96 u have to admit ***

and noone forces them to report the servers' ips to master.gamespy.com

Sergeant Major
    Silly me. I thought it said @ADF (IE ADF Mod)

It's ADFA. IE. Australian Defence Force Academy.

I suspect it would be in use for officer training (If it is being used by the real ADFA that is.) If not, they'd be having one hell of a kick ass MP setup for all the cadets!

Tis a shame I know nobody at ADFA any longer. Otherwise I might have been able to get the goss (or the shizzle wizzle or the whatever the damn in crew say these days).

Big Edit And damn it. It's the server that has the lowest ping for me! Can you beleive that....... I can't! That's it. I'm gonna have to intercept a copy of VBS now, so I can show all the nancy boys how to play it.

I know I shouldn't encourage such behaivour, but it's drunken comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik Monroe
    Hey denoir I bleive in god and carl segan. what do you think of that eh? I bet you are thinking \"I do not like this Sputnik Monroe guy\". WHy man, I aint so bad I bet we would see eye to eye on a lot of things if you where not such a mean agnry swede. Your like a swedish version of that guy who hates people but they are just like him.

Quote Originally Posted by (ozanzac @ May 12 2004,17:03)
    I'm gonna have to intercept a copy of VBS now, so I can show all the nancy boys how to play it.
    lol

@ozanzac

lol

Let's do this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast