Sign in to follow this  
darkpeace

1.97 servers running at:

1.97 Server running at: 131.236.20.138:2302

A30VESLNET00061.VESL.local | 52ms

Looks like a VBS testing server, running VBS and ADFA2 mods

(This server ain't to far from my house)

So was 1.97 a custom version for ADFA ?

Wouldn't mind seeing the fixes list smile_o.gif

They're playing the mission "obs_test" right now, with 2 players, "test1" and "test1(2)".

Alot of testing I'd say wink_o.gif

Oooooo..... *rubs chin thoughtfully* biggrin_o.gif

my guess is that someone in down under is plotting to take over the world. blues.giftounge_o.gif

Mhhh... Down Under... BIS Australia anyone?

VESL Match Server

131.236.20.58:2302

mods: vbs,@adfa

gamever: 1.98 (req 1.96)

VESL Training Server

131.236.20.224:2302

mods: vbs,@adfa

gamever: 1.96 (req 1.95)

but joining with empty modfolders "vbs" & "@adfa" didnt help

even renaming res to vbs - any ideas?

ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]even renaming res to vbs - any ideas?

smile_o.gif Off course - stop messing around with VBS, unless you have a pretty good Internet anonymizer. All you login attempts were tracked and a special service group is already on its way to your place. smile_o.gif

... I am sorry for this sarcastic joke, but really, what do you expect to get out of this? Even if the server in question would be an ordinary OFP server, connecting to a different version server with a different data set would still lead you nowhere.

Moreover, trying to get a login to a server which clearly is not intended for you is impolite, at aleast.

Quote[/b] ]even renaming res to vbs - any ideas?

smile_o.gif Off course - stop messing around with VBS, unless you have a pretty good Internet anonymizer. All you login attempts were tracked and a special service group is already on its way to your place. smile_o.gif

IIIK, i tried alot of times tounge_o.gif

ehh.1.97 ? I thought 1.96 was final rock.gif

The 1.96 final is the final revision of that version (instead of being 1.96 beta or Release Candidate 1), not the final OFP version.

Although I don't think BIS will be rewarding us with more patches before OFP2, unless some spectacular super-bug is found, like the CD jumps out of the CD-player, breaks down and stabs players to death.

Hehehe, beware though! You guys at BIS might be trialed as well because you encouraged us to do this by not releasing new OFP2 information. It is all partly your fault tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

I would say ADFA is currently in testing phase before introducing VBS.

Why it is shown in normal ofp server list dunno but it is quiet unusual.

Maybe it is a newer version specially made for ADFA...

But nothing for us... so nice to see, but nothing to highlight.

I should bring this thread to Oliver Stones attention.

Bet he can make a great conspiracy movie out of it, its about time he makes a good movie again!! tounge_o.gif

i am just having very very little hope that we (regular ofp users) still may benifit of this - at least 1.97 & 1.98 very close to 1.96 u have to admit  wink_o.gif

and noone forces them to report the servers' ips to master.gamespy.com crazy_o.gif

Silly me. I thought it said @ADF (IE ADF Mod)

It's ADFA. IE. Australian Defence Force Academy.

I suspect it would be in use for officer training (If it is being used by the real ADFA that is.) If not, they'd be having one hell of a kick ass MP setup for all the cadets!

Tis a shame I know nobody at ADFA any longer. Otherwise I might have been able to get the goss (or the shizzle wizzle or the whatever the damn in crew say these days). tounge_o.gif

Big Edit And damn it. It's the server that has the lowest ping for me! Can you beleive that....... I can't! That's it. I'm gonna have to intercept a copy of VBS now, so I can show all the nancy boys how to play it. tounge_o.gif

I'm gonna have to intercept a copy of VBS now, so I can show all the nancy boys how to play it. tounge_o.gif

lol tounge_o.gif

Ehh.. and it is 520$...

If BIS had sold it for a normal price (price of normal game... dunnow... let it be even 25-35$), it would be a game of the decade for the most part of the magazines allover the world. It would became a cult :]]]

But seriously...

Why VBS1 server returns a requirement of 1.96+ client?

</span>

If BIS had sold it for a normal price (price of normal game... dunnow... let it be even 25-35$)
<span =''>

As has been stated repeatedly in a number of places....

Opf = game.

VBS1 = Military training simulator.