Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Irish army

Hey everybody, some community members might be familiar with me from the numerous requests I have made in the last few months for addons to accompany an in the works Irish soldier pack.

This pack was in production by a redoubtable and talented friend who was making good progress until he lost his hard drive and for the next few months at least his addon making facilities.

Therefore I'm asking for any volunteers especially Irish , although there seems to have been only one Irish addon maker for this game and he vanished after releasing one quality item.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours etc

Imshi-Yallah

Just to clear this up after some misunderstanding evident from PMs.

The IRA is NOT the Irish army, the IRA is a criminal organisation with aspirations to overthrow the republic and create an island wide Marxist-Lenninist state.

This is the Irish army, which is the legitimate army of the Republic.

Photos

Official site

With the Swedish In Liberia

Afaik there was an "irish island" under construction. The screens looked promissing, but i didn't hear anything for a long time now about that project.

Addons: i'm sorry, but i have absolutly no knowlege about making addons ... i'm just a small editor-man  wink_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

if the thread about the island was northern ireland it would only feature a small part of ireland near the border...

and it was by me and its now for a mod wink_o.gif

an irish army would be interesting same with the airforce it would be cool cause i want a dolphin

How can you mix up the IRA and the Irish Army? Never mind.....

Dont forget, the Irish army are frequently used as extra in films, so you should do versions in "Braveheart" mode and "SPR" mode...... biggrin_o.gif

Well a lot of armies do that, usually reservists though, as was the case in Ireland.

Hmmm, If I could get project UKF's permission to use their soldier model then it would just be a case of retexturing, changing the helmet and writing a config to include existing weapons addons...

an irish army would be interesting same with the airforce it would be cool cause i want a dolphin

Im afraid the Dauphin's days are numbered, the 14 LUHs we now have in service including the 4 surviving Dauphins are to be replaced with...sigh..2x EC-135s and 4x EC145s sad_o.gif

LOL

Don't disrespect the Irish people more by making units like this.....I would hate to see IRA in OFP....cause I hate those the most out of any terrorist organization...reason = they are causing more pain among the British and their own brothers and I believe they should stop....

~Bmgarcangel

Look...i'm part irish, and the IRA can go to hell for all I care. They are the extreme bad side of the Irish and i don't want it protrayed in here. Do it somewhere else..please

~Bmgarcangel

You're clearly part thick mad_o.gif

The Irish Army is not the IRA, the IRA is a terrorist organisation which is committed to overthrowing the Irish state as well as  driving the British out of northern Ireland.

I will say this very slowly...

The Irish Army....is a conventional army...which is the legitimate army of the Irish state (Republic)...which has good relations with Britain and particularly the British army...and is committed to the destruction of the IRA.

Now if we could get back on topic.

Only part thick? crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Would be nice to have some Irish troops, using Edges Retextured Guerrilla's as the -insert three letters here- wink_o.gif Everon is Ireland enough for me, plenty of Pubs tounge_o.gif

BMG, ever bother reading the thread, or did you just jump in feet first? I recommend you read the 2nd post down.......

I said this earlier,

Quote[/b] ]How can you mix up the IRA and the Irish Army? Never mind.....
now i see how it can be done...... wow_o.gif

Anyhow. Irish army units would be cool. And a Guiness brewery. That would be the ultimate map.......kill some tangos, then off down the pub for a pint of Guiness.....thats Munks kind of MP Co-op game..... tounge_o.gif

thats Munks kind of MP Co-op game..... tounge_o.gif

Happens at the end of every game with my squad tounge_o.gif

Edit: Except on crappy publess Malden, get some pubs you POS island! mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

The Irish Army is not the IRA, the IRA is a terrorist organisation which is committed to overthrowing the Irish state as well as  driving the British out of northern Ireland.

The Irish Army....is a conventional army...which is the legitimate army of the Irish state (Republic)...which has good relations with Britain and particularly the British army...and is committed to the destruction of the IRA.

DUDE!! I ALREADY KNOW THAT!!! I know there is one good IRA and one bad IRA, i'm talking about the bad IRA ya Whack tounge_o.gif

Anyhow, create Irish Republican Army troops and I thought about it...create some terrorists too, so I can pretend i'm riding Ireland of them.

Tanks!

Bmgarcangel

Ermmm yeh,.....but im sure the Irish Army isnt known as the good IRA and the Irish Rebuplican army as the bad IRA......

I still see no reason for you to have attacked Imshi-Yallah....

The Irish Army is not the IRA you silly little man, its not the good IRA the bad IRA or anything else to do with the IRA other than fighting it.

Christ, did anyone actually bother looking at the links provided?

IRA terrorist nout to do with the irish army....jesus people dont know things about ireland or northern ireland

I'd like to see some really welldone Irish rangers I got to go drinking with a commander from them.....funny as hell great training stories and can drink any canadian soldier under the table!

Yes, Irish Rangers and a pub addon would be the dogs balls......

And BMG "part-irish" Arcangel does seem very confused.

There is only one IRA and they are not the Irish Army.

DUDE!! I ALREADY KNOW THAT!!!  I know there is one good IRA and one bad IRA, i'm talking about the bad IRA ya Whack  tounge_o.gif

Anyhow, create Irish Republican Army troops and I thought about it...create some terrorists too, so I can pretend i'm riding Ireland of them.

Tanks!

Bmgarcangel

Wouldnt the 'good IRA' be called the Irish Defense Force, you muppet...

Hope someone can do some Irish stuff anyway. They would be sweet for some East Timor action alongside the ADF MOD troops and the NZDF pack.

I'm sorry that I fucked up when I tried making some.

Eh you didnt f*ck up mate, you lost your HD...not a whole lot of f*cking up involved there

Look, ya I know stuff about that area, not too much about them military though because hell, such a nice country, who wants to study their bad side.

I have family that lives in Dublin biggrin_o.gif

The Irish Army is/are the conventional Armed Forces of Republican Ireland. The IRA is a terroist organisation from republican ireland which operates in Northern Ireland. Although not recently as we sent the Gurkhas over there.

Anyway i'd like to see some of these Irish Army units.