Sign in to follow this  
skynet

Addon anarchy

Shooters..

After installing/extracting several addons, i am unable to start flashpoint...it crashes, with the following:

Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter 0 (RADEON 96000 SERIES) Fullscreen

Resolution 1024 * 768, format X8R8G8B8/D24S8, refresh 75

Error D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

However, when i install/extract other addons, flashpoint seems to run normally.

Video Card : Radeon 9600 pro (256mb)

RAM : 512mb

HDD: Seagate 80 gb

Flashpoint: 1.91

Could some plz point me in the right direction.

Do i need to provide more information?

use "-nomap" command in your OFP shortcut. It should solve your problem.

if it doesn't, do you use mod folders? if not, try to make mod folders and put your addons in it, not in the "Addons" and "Res/Addons" folders.

ok, slowly, slowly...

"-nomap"....where in particular??

mod folders??

Right click your ofp shortcut, then go to properties, in the target line C:/Programfiles/Codemasters~ add a "space" then -nomap and all should be fixed  smile_o.gif

Edit, thou shall not post when drunk crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

mod folders allow you to organise your addons to avoid conflicts. You go to "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint".

Here, you create a folder and name it (exemple: "USA" for all your addons for US army). Then in this new folder you create a new one named "AddOns".

So now when you download a US addon and you want to use it, you put the pbo in this new folder (not anymore in the AddOns or Res/AddOns folders):

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\USA\AddOns"

Then you have to change your OFP shortcut to allow the game to load the content of the new mod folder you created.

So you do as Gadger told you and after the "-nomap" command you add your mod folder as this:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE"  -nomap -mod=USA

you can repeat the process for other mod folders. My shortcut target looks like this (to give you an exemple):

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE"  -nomap -mod=finmod;hisky;Winter;Russie;Usa;General;Desert;France;Allemagne

Quote[/b] ]Flashpoint: 1.91

First of all install 1.96 patch. If that does not help, you can try -nomap option. It has no sense trying this option with 1.91 as it was introduced only in the newer patches.

You can also check this Troubleshooting FAQ topic.

Yes, I highly recommend you seperate addons into mod folders.

I put JAM and BAS addons in a @BAS mod folder, etc., etc.

You create multiple shortcuts to OFP with an appropriate OFP icon name explaining what mod folders are selected.

Here is my mod folder layout....

+  OFP

@BAS

@Air

@Carrier

@SJB

@USMS

@MISC

@HFC    (My fighter campaign mod folder)

WGL

ECP

and a few others I can't recall

It makes choosing addons a snap and doesn't require you to load a bunch of uneeded addons.

Got it working with the " -nomap" extension...now time for some pics and shooting...

i'll try the mod folders as well..

Thank you all! smile_o.gif