Every once in a while I will make a thread similar to this. ***Listing all the problems in Operation Flashpoint and ideas and suggestions we could use to solve the problems.
1. Multiplayer Cheats, Cheaters
-People who are NOT in squads need to register an XML at a website before they can play on any Flashpoint server. ***If you don't want this, feel free to let possible cheaters enter your server and ruin your game and your time.
-Web site where Users or Server Admins can submit a complaint about a specific player, along with his/her user ID, a screenshot, or video clearly showing his cheats being used. ***A Warning level can by given on his/her XML, so when they join a server and pick a side you can see stars beside their name showing their cheat level. -Thanks to Suma for the idea.
For example shows he has been found cheating at least 3 times.
-We find ways to bring more security to our servers, develop tools, and other things that allow server admins to easily pinpoint cheaters. ***If people can figure out how to cheat in OFP, than we, without a doubt can find a way to counter these exploits. ***Programs that can match IDs ETC.
-Squads come together to form a few servers only dedicated for squads, or friends we might have. ***THe servers will be passworded so random people, we have no idea who they are can get inside. ***They can be known as the official anti cheat servers, and have about 5 of them.
2. Lack of missions available for MODs and Addons
-MOD teams form special MISSION ONLY section of the MOD team, where 5 or so mission makers work on nothing but missions using that MOD.
-Increased use of Addons at Ease when addons are made.
Maybey some web sites won't accept addons if it has not been put through Addons at Ease. (Usually AAE is good for including a mission in one easy to use download)
-Form a special group of Mission makers to teach newbies how to make missions. ***Increasing the mission population in the community. ***If people are interested on learning, they may become attatched to it and WANT to create missions every single day.
-More teams dedicated in making missions only. ***The more people in this team, the more missions can be made.
There is a LARGE number of OFP players who love to download addons, but they have no skill to make missions using them, or they just don't want to. ***Addons are simply toys in the mission editor. ***There are thousands of players in OFP who want to use these things in missions, but there are never enough. ***And more addons are being crapped out faster than any mission maker can keep up with. ***Not saying it's a bad thing, but it needs to be balanced.
3. Multiplayer servers EMPTY
This may not seem as much as a big deal, but it is. ***There are plenty of servers. ***But they are all EMPTY.
-Server admins update their server with version 1.96, the most recently released patch
Other than that, promotion is the only other way to increase everything. ***With most servers playing a CTI, with no JIP, with only around 15 servers that have people in them (not many people) trying to join a game takes pretty long.
Not to mention you often join a server with no admin.
4. Main complaint I have about OFP content releases by the community is that it’s quite often very hard for the average gamer to install and play, there are too many different versions and it’s not always clear what’s a beta and what’s really the final product. I don’t blame any of creators of such content, I just think we all shall try to find a way how to get really polished content to a broader audience in a more accessible way if we want OFP community to grow. Our initiative Addons At Ease tried to go this way but was never really adopted by the OFP community, . We shall continue to work on this aspect for OFP and our next games.
- A web site dedicated in only FINAL versions of addons.
***No 1.32, 1.1, 7.5 versions. ***Only the FINAL product.
- Increased use of Addons at Ease.
- An online readme file that shows installation of addons, missions, and campaigns. ***I'm sure Avon Lady's FAQ has covered this already however.
Any suggestions welcomed.
If there are other problems post them.
This thread is about ways we can solve top issues in Operation Flashpoint. ***Not an argument fest.