Sign in to follow this  
OldGrandad

Triggering a trigger or however to get to my goal

Firstly I have searched high an low (believe me!) for an answer and it is currently evading me.

A simple solution but I am not getting it right

I have "civ7" triggered to jump on his motorbike when the russkies arrive in one town. He rides off and gets to his "GETOUT" waypoint where I need him to say "the russians *whatever here*" when the resistance arrive. What I want though is for no globalchat to appear until my civ7 has arrived.

This is the scenario I want;

civ7 present + res present = globalchat

res present + no civ7 present = no globalchat

I have played over the past few hours with different combinations of triggers/switches that I have obviously missed the obvious solution. I just need a break from my insanity crazy_o.gif

P.S. This post is mirrored at OFPEC so apologies to those that visit both and who think I am spamming. I just want to ask a wider audience. wink_o.gif

Have a trigger detecting Resistance, and in the on activation field put res_here=true

In the trigger detecting the civ, put in the condition field this AND res_here.  This trigger should be the one to activate the global chat.

Put in the init line of some unit res_here = false.

/edit: crosspost! take noundos suggestion...

2 triggers.

first one: activated when civ7 is there. onAct: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">civ7isthere=trueonDeAct: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">civ7isthere=false

second one: same for resistance.

open this script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? ! civ7isthere && resiisthere: globalchat...

? civ7isthere && resiisthere: sidechat or whatever...

exit

Thanks for the replies but as yet have to test them  biggrin_o.gif

*edit* found a solution of sorts.