Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Phoenix

Dramatic bank robbery in norway

Got quite a shock when I watched the news this morning. There had been a dramatic bank robbery in my hometown Stavanger. It took place in the middle of the morning rush, and Police and innocent bystanders were caught in the middle of a raging gun battle which left one policeman dead. The robbery had all the hallmarks of being committed by professionals.

As the police-station was alerted of the robbery, a lorry was parked in front of the exit of the police garage and set alight, blocking the exit so that the police cars were unable to get out. At the same time CS gas released in front of the main entrance of the police station and the bank that was being robbed. A plainclothes policeman was taken hostage by the robbers and forced lay facedown on the pavement, but was left behind when the robbers drove off.

The stolen cars that were used in the robbery were later dumped and set on fire. Most of the city centre of Stavanger is closed off, and there are numerous police checkpoints guading the main roads, airports and ferry terminals.

Here's some pictures from this dramatic event. It all sounds like a script from a movie like “Heat†or something. Definitely not something we are used here anyway.

Wow. Seems pretty full on.

Is there any indication for how much money all this carnage was for?

It wasn't really a bank, but more of a cash depot for the banks in the area. Chances are that there was quite a bit of cash.

Seems that the policeman who was gunned down inside his car, may be the father of someone I know. I'll have to wait til they release his name before I know for certain sad_o.gif

Here's some pics from the scene of the robbery:

The police car that was shot up:

ran15.jpg

Here's the lorry which was set on fire and used to block the police garage exit:

ran3.jpg

Here's the escape vehicles that were torched:

ran7.jpg

Here's various casings and bulletholes found at the scene:

ran1.jpg

ran5.jpg

ran6.jpg

ran10.jpg

ran11.jpg

And here's various pictures of armed police:

ran2.jpg

ran8.jpg

ran9.jpg

ran12.jpg

ran13.jpg

ran14.jpg

ran_70610a.jpg

Creepy shit, R.I.P fallen police man, and for the rest of you, go get the bastards.  mad_o.gif this makes me think the Malexander incidident a couple of years ago.. sad_o.gif

You actually can't believe how good it was planned.

As I said before, it's like it's been taken out of a moviescript. The timing, the truck blocking the way of the policecars and the CS gas seems to be proof that this was very well planned.

Eyewitnesses say that assaultrifles were used by the robbers. On of the robbers was seen armed with an AG3. (Norwegian liscencedbuilt HK G3). Eyewitnesses also say that the road leading from the Police station towards town was boobytrapped by a puncture mat, while a second road was blocked by a car that was parked in across the road.

yeah I woke up to this news as well this morning.

I live in Stavanger as well though now I`m not home.

I might know the son of the policeman who got killed as well, but I`ll have to wait until the name is published.

All that is confirmed is that he is in his 50`s.

What makes me angry is not only the brutality of the robbery but also the fact that the robbers shot in all directions while escaping the scene, I mean as in NO respect for innocent bystanders which is a really " rare " behavior at least in Norway where I get the impression that in most cases the civilians are " sheltered " from these episodes even from the robbers side.

What makes me angry is not only the brutality of the robbery but also the fact that the robbers shot in all directions while escaping the scene, I mean as in NO respect for innocent bystanders which is a really " rare " behavior at least in Norway where I get the impression that in most cases the civilians are " sheltered " from these episodes even from the robbers side.

Most of the bystanders thought this was some kind of police excercise to begin with. It was only when they saw the bulletcasings afterwards that it dawned on them that this was the real thing.

The actual robbery took no more than 20-25 minutes, and the police spokesperson said that it was excecuted with military presision.

The Police are currently looking for at least 8 robbers at the time being. There may be more though. None caught so far sad_o.gif

Shocking yes, but probably even more so because of where it was conducted. Our parts of Norway have been relatively quiet for a long time  sad_o.gif

It's not the first time a spectacular robbery has taken place though:

Robbery last year!

Holy molly, that's not very good for public safety is it. Would not want to be in the middle of this when I'm driving to work etc.

Terrible for the dead officer/family.

Damn missed it on TV

Shocking yes, but probably even more so because of where it was conducted. Our parts of Norway have been relatively quiet for a long time  sad_o.gif

It's not the first time a spectacular robbery has taken place though:

Robbery last year!

What a coincidence

I was discussing that one with fellow students earlier today.

That robbery took place in Oslo, and we’ve come to expect a robbery there almost daily now.

The one that took place today was different though, and caught us all unaware. Not something you would expect in the peaceful western Norway.

Oh shit.

I know the policeman that was killed  and his son sad_o.gif

* edit: Or I should say I know who the policeman is and have been on several courses and other social gatherings with his son. I don't know them personally though.

It's a tragedy anyway.

Even more evidence that this robbery was very well planned beforehand. Number plates used on the escape vehicles were stolen in Oslo around 1. April.

This robbery is being characterized as the worst robbery ever committed in Norway

Policeforce is 200 men short and the budget on Police can't

fill out all the unemployed spaces. More budget to police!!

Many unsolved robberys here in Norway too, stupid police  mad_o.gif

Plus the police. I think, was slow to respond on this robbery.

But after many hours they finally closed half of the cities

centrum. Smart! They must have been hidding in a park nearby by now rock.gif

Sounds like the same guys that robbed a money transfer car (I dont know the right name for it) in Finland. Robbers had assault rifles, they used spikes to puncture chasing police cars tires, they torched their cars and escaped with the money.

Same thing happened in somewhere scandinavia few days before that incident in Finland. I think it was Denmark. There too robbers had assault rifles, they robbed a money transfer car in airport and escaped with money and were never caught.

Sounds like real professionals. In radio they said that robbers in Norway had bullet proof vests and kevlar helmets. Interpol is brobably going crazy with this. I mean where in hell do they get assault rifles and all that fancy equipment like tear gas?

Not some ordinary robbers that go to a bar with their money and start to brag about the robbery. They brobably dont understand to stop when they still can get away with it and get caught or shot.

Sounds like the same guys that robbed a money transfer car (I dont know the right name for it) in Finland. Robbers had assault rifles, they used spikes to puncture chasing police cars tires, they torched their cars and escaped with the money.

Yes I remember that. I was kinda worried by how professional the robbers were. They could very well be the same ones as now.

Quote[/b] ]I mean where in hell do they get assault rifles and all that fancy equipment like tear gas?

It's not hard to get hold of at all. There are hundreds if not thousands of military assault rifles in the wrong hands in Norway. The reason for this is simple! The Norwegian home guard/national guard have stored their weapons in depots in all populated areas. More often than not it's stored in huts in the periphery of local communities. Just bring a ironbar and you can set up your own local army - without any risk of being caught.

Quote[/b] ]Not some ordinary robbers that go to a bar with their money and start to brag about the robbery. They brobably dont understand to stop when they still can get away with it and get caught or shot.

There have been quite a lot of armed robberies lately - many of them rather proffesionally conducted.

this sounds really close to the first opening scene in heat. crazy_o.gif

hopefully they catch those bastards.

Didnt know about the army depots and you can actually buy kevlar vests from e-bay. crazy_o.gif

If these were the same guys that commited robberies in Finland and Denmark are they working for themselves or are they on some crime syndicates payroll?

Didnt know about the army depots and you can actually buy kevlar vests from e-bay.  crazy_o.gif

If these were the same guys that commited robberies in Finland and Denmark are they working for themselves or are they on some crime syndicates payroll?

The police are looking for named suspects. They are norwegian citizens and members of a criminal gang called "Tveita-gjengen" .

This would not be surprising at all due to the gangs history of being "entrepeneurs" in the criminal community.

Makes me think of a robery i the USA where two heavy armored and armed robbers managed to hold off the police in a realy long time cause of the thick body amor and they carried AK47 and G3 so they could easily surpress the cobs trying shoot them it was first when they tried to escape and they spilt up, SWAT managed to kill them.

Too bad the police officer was killed in norway maby the guns where from Sweden Hells Angels managed to steal AT4 and used them against Bandidos in the Danish rocker war.

STGN