Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Dramatic bank robbery in norway

Got quite a shock when I watched the news this morning. There had been a dramatic bank robbery in my hometown Stavanger. It took place in the middle of the morning rush, and Police and innocent bystanders were caught in the middle of a raging gun battle which left one policeman dead. The robbery had all the hallmarks of being committed by professionals.

As the police-station was alerted of the robbery, a lorry was parked in front of the exit of the police garage and set alight, blocking the exit so that the police cars were unable to get out. At the same time CS gas released in front of the main entrance of the police station and the bank that was being robbed. A plainclothes policeman was taken hostage by the robbers and forced lay facedown on the pavement, but was left behind when the robbers drove off.

The stolen cars that were used in the robbery were later dumped and set on fire. Most of the city centre of Stavanger is closed off, and there are numerous police checkpoints guading the main roads, airports and ferry terminals.

Here's some pictures from this dramatic event. It all sounds like a script from a movie like “Heat” or something. Definitely not something we are used here anyway.

Sergeant Major
    Wow. Seems pretty full on.

Is there any indication for how much money all this carnage was for?
    I know I shouldn't encourage such behaivour, but it's drunken comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik Monroe
    Hey denoir I bleive in god and carl segan. what do you think of that eh? I bet you are thinking \"I do not like this Sputnik Monroe guy\". WHy man, I aint so bad I bet we would see eye to eye on a lot of things if you where not such a mean agnry swede. Your like a swedish version of that guy who hates people but they are just like him.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    It wasn't really a bank, but more of a cash depot for the banks in the area. Chances are that there was quite a bit of cash.

Seems that the policeman who was gunned down inside his car, may be the father of someone I know. I'll have to wait til they release his name before I know for certain

Staff Sergeant
    looks similar to an robbery in vienna two or three months ago... ***
    [SSBF TACTICALS] Fortiter in re, suariter in modo.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Here's some pics from the scene of the robbery:

The police car that was shot up:

Here's the lorry which was set on fire and used to block the police garage exit:

Here's the escape vehicles that were torched:

Here's various casings and bulletholes found at the scene:

And here's various pictures of armed police:

Chief Warrant Officer
    You actually can't believe how good it was planned.

Creepy shit, R.I.P fallen police man, and for the rest of you, go get the bastards. *** this makes me think the Malexander incidident a couple of years ago..

[ Särskilda Skydds Gruppen OFP Squad ] [ Swedish Forces Pack ]

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by (Ironsight @ April 05 2004,16:24)
    You actually can't believe how good it was planned.
    As I said before, it's like it's been taken out of a moviescript. The timing, the truck blocking the way of the policecars and the CS gas seems to be proof that this was very well planned.

Eyewitnesses say that assaultrifles were used by the robbers. On of the robbers was seen armed with an AG3. (Norwegian liscencedbuilt HK G3). Eyewitnesses also say that the road leading from the Police station towards town was boobytrapped by a puncture mat, while a second road was blocked by a car that was parked in across the road.

yeah I woke up to this news as well this morning.

I live in Stavanger as well though now I`m not home.

I might know the son of the policeman who got killed as well, but I`ll have to wait until the name is published.

All that is confirmed is that he is in his 50`s.

What makes me angry is not only the brutality of the robbery but also the fact that the robbers shot in all directions while escaping the scene, I mean as in NO respect for innocent bystanders which is a really " rare " behavior at least in Norway where I get the impression that in most cases the civilians are " sheltered " from these episodes even from the robbers side.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by (ArchangelSKT @ April 05 2004,16:41)
    What makes me angry is not only the brutality of the robbery but also the fact that the robbers shot in all directions while escaping the scene, I mean as in NO respect for innocent bystanders which is a really " rare " behavior at least in Norway where I get the impression that in most cases the civilians are " sheltered " from these episodes even from the robbers side.
    Most of the bystanders thought this was some kind of police excercise to begin with. It was only when they saw the bulletcasings afterwards that it dawned on them that this was the real thing.

The actual robbery took no more than 20-25 minutes, and the police spokesperson said that it was excecuted with military presision.
    The Police are currently looking for at least 8 robbers at the time being. There may be more though. None caught so far

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast