Sign in to follow this  
Wonderboy

Sa80 a2

I've just finished working on a highly detailed SA80 model and now that i've begun mapping it (joy oh joy) i finally need someone elses help, you see i have the natural texturing ability of a crippled bumblebee and in order to do the model justice it could do with some top notch textures. so if there are any decent texture artists out there who fancy having a crack at it please just say so.

Also for any of those you actually interested, i'm planning to make many variants of the SA80 including:

SA80 A2 + AG36 (Grenade Launcher)

SA80 A2/Carbine w/ Hardsights

SA80 Carbine

SA80 A2 w/ Nightsight

LSW

Cadet Rifle

as well a few odds and ends that aren't actually strictly military issue in order to make the SA80 more adaptable such as:

Supressor

Reflex/HOLO/Red Dot Sights

Laser/IR Pointer

and basically anything else i can find pictures of. also any feedback on the model would be appreciated. well, enough yapping the pics are below:

SA80.jpg

SA802.jpg

SA803.jpg

SA804.jpg

I have some textures you can try, i was gonna make an SA80 for my Mod, then decided it wasnt needed, but i dont have the heart to tell the guy i dont need his textures anymore sad_o.gif So if you could put a use to them, it'd at least mean it wasnt all for nothing tounge_o.gif

Model looks awesome btw

Yes,really nice model,good using of smooth/sharp edges.

I hope you find some talented texturer to finish your addon wink_o.gif

i dont think it is

this is what he sent me....

l85car.jpg

Is that used or going to be used by the British Army?

as far as i remember in discussion over in PUKF Forums, the K" is going to be issued to UK Crew and personel operating in confined spaces (due to its smaller size, its much easier to have in a tank etc) and it could be employed in CQB use as well

thats ok... check around our forums silly tounge_o.gif - i think its still in testing at the moment, and only deployed (if at all) to a small number of personel... its our attempt of the M4 (as in how the M4 is in esence a compact version of the M16 and this would be our smaller version of the SA80) - handy, like i said, for using the plus points of a rifle in confined spaces... a long barrel while entering a room means you are more vunerable from the side as u can't turn your weapon as quickly (longer turning arc) - this is why u see MP5's used so much in CQB

this is why u see MP5's used so much in CQB

That and 9mm tends to slow down once its been through one body  ghostface.gif

arn't you gonna make the SA80A2C???

STGN

arn't you gonna make the SA80A2C???

STGN

Which version/upgrades does this model have? a pic would be nice if you can find it.

also i believe this is the K2:

Dsc00046.jpg

and yes i intend to make it, even though its an ugly bugger. the previous pic you were shown i was thinking of creating as a custom weapon job for CQB using the ironsights, seeing as it bodges together the (shorter) LSW foregrip and a shorter barrel (though still longer than the new K2 barrel).

Pathy, it'd be great if i could have a look at those textures, i've added you to messenger, so i'll try and catch you there, cheers

This was a bit unfair as this is the newest rifle in the family no pictures on the internet that I could find, I only just saw it in Combat and Survival(magazin) yesterday, but on monday I get back to school then I can scan the pages for you if you want me to?

that would be great if you could, it'd help me finish the family smile_o.gif

I have the photos but I just have to figure out how to get them up here. I am pritty sure they will be up later today or tomoro.

STGN smile_o.gif

cheers, that'll be a great help, does the magazine mention what role the new version will be playing?

just to make sure you got my PM right?

STGN

i haven't received any PM yet, if its still in the system maybe i'll get it later....

thanks very muchly for the pics, they've got some great detail on them. cheers