Sign in to follow this  
zyklone

1.96 release candidate

Is there any changes (improvements/bugfixes) between the beta and the release candidate?

Or is it just the beta that is "promoted" to release candidate and maybe eventually to final? (If no bugs are found)

I´m hoping for the autocenter function in planes and choppers to work as it did before 1.96b.....

I am very pleased that 1.96 will most likely be more widely accepted now, as it is at least half official now and no longer a beta. Many conservative admins might decide to update their 1.91 servers now.

Personally I would have hoped for some more small bugfixes like the above mentioned rework of autocenter or a small improvement of the ai dogfighting so the plans cease to crash into the ground most of the time, still it is a good decision to push 1.96 by making it more than just a beta. This will help getting the community back on one level, without having 3-4 different versions on all the dozens of OFP servers.

Thank you, BIS!

Yes Nyles pretty much sumed up what I wanted to say, nice work BIS.

heh, most guys dont need to change from the beta to this, only the servers can update if they no longer want the 1.95 connections

we'll get around to it but this is no more official then the beta (which means the real one will be released by then)

either way its 1.96, and im happy with both no matter what they are called

I'm a bit sad to see that 1.96 is going to be the next official patch since the autocentering in helicopters is still there wich allmost renders the joystick useless.

The fix for bigger islands is nice but even with that I'm really tempted to revert back to 1.94 just because of this autocentering sad_o.gif

only you mabey

i dont know any one that has used them in any version over the last two years, the keys offer more control more so with hovering, still use the mouse to point and shoot tho

Well I know quite a few people who fly with joystick.

Even within this limited selection of people you have here on the forums there are quite a few if you look at the older threads about the beta patches.

If you are playing with keys anyway then good for you, but for me flying a helicopter with mouse and keyboard is not an option. I'ld rather stop playing than doing that sad_o.gif

I'm with Rom, the auto center has "ruined" my flying fun now.

This "feature", restricting the realism, and introducing the "arcade" like feature is the ONLY thing left that I don't like about OFP now.

Please please please put it back to how it was before BIS.

Please smile_o.gif

I also prefer the old mode (no autocenter)

(I hope OFP2 has track IR support)

To RN Malboeuf

I bet all flight sim players would always fly with joystick. The feature is implemented petty good in OFP.

I reinstalled my OFp for the 2657942364897661325874169th time and installed directly 1.96RC. I just saw that when 1.96RC is installed, you can no longer install BISCamel bonus. sad_o.gif Without that, it's a good patch ! biggrin_o.gif

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to maybe add the Camel to the final 1.9x patch? You then would get rid of that problem and have at least one additional addon to come with the patch?