Sign in to follow this  
Leveler

Hinds

Hi all!

Are there any updated Hinds for opf (like the black apache) with different weapon loads? Is there a plan for making one of them?

Well the only ones I think of are in the CSLA 2 mod but 200mb for just hinds in just crazy crazy_o.gif

The only other option is...................um... I dont know.

Addonmaker Remo made some different Hind variants a while back. Can't remember the link to his page though.

Inquisitor once made some retextured desert choppers:

mi17

ch47

ah64

and there's also a Hind out in desert camo, and an AH1 and an OH58.

These are all desert stuff and from before O2, so grab them at @war and then

ya could add some new weapons or alike - just for yer private pleasure off course. smile_o.gif

Just go to gamezone.cz and use the search function.

There you'll find lot's of different hinds. Most of them have different textures, some have different weapon-systems, too.

Mfg MEDICUS

EDIT:

...for example:

-Real HIND by Surgeon

-CSLA 1.10 by Maa

-CSLA Upgrade #1 by Maa

-MI-24 Desert by InQUisiToR

FDF is working on a new one that looks really good.

@CERO.

It's plenty of different HIND version, so why not make all the versions.

Hind A, B, C, D, E and F

Bloody Days Mod (not a well known name.... yet) is probably going to make a Hinda sometime soon.

With my incessant bitching.

rock.gif

Don't get it ....

Mfg MEDICUS

Well right now the CLSA HINDs are the tops ones even more so they fixed them so they resist smallarms fire a bit better now they are going to rlease a russain hardwear pack thats standa lone from the mod. But due to how everything else depended on other stuff makes it slow going. The CLSA Hind has improved flight performance, flyies like it weighs as much as an APC. the landing gear retracts, better textures and some model improvments. A fair number of enhancements to the aircraft like the damage system so you smoke if you lose one of the engines from enemy fire. dust effect, missile smoke and rocket smoke improvments. Subutle enough changes to not really be any more cpr hungry that the default BIS HIND. "Comes in several flavors, Charlie, and Foxtrot model. Well worth waiting for alone or the long download seeing they fixed the weak armor rating in the last patch.

Aside from the ones mentioned above, the BAS Tonal Pack has a good Hind with a slightly different loadout (4 x FFAR pods) and retractable landing gear.

Aside from the ones mentioned above, the BAS Tonal Pack has a good Hind with a slightly different loadout (4 x FFAR pods) and retractable landing gear.

I didn't notice that, must have been updated in the patch because it was the same old hind before when Tonal firs came out, didn't even at least have some enhacnements like rotor dust effect. which is why I had started working on Hind models. But shelved it because better ones where being made in the mod team. Still have a tweaked Hind D I play with but way to buggy for release. Two ones of higher quality are aviable like CLSA, and sometime most of the Russain mods will dare release theirs.

...even at least have some enhacnements like rotor dust effect.  which is why I had started working on Hind models.  But shelved it because better ones where being made in the mod team.  Still have a tweaked Hind D I play with but way to buggy for release.  Two ones of higher quality are aviable like CLSA, and sometime most of the Russain mods will dare release theirs.

Well, I see your point on why you stoped working on them, but is a bit of a pain to work in a mission using a nice hind that form part of a 200Mgb download.

It would be nice if CSLA and FDF mods release a few of the unique addons so people don't have to relie on a full mod to play a single mission or a campaign.

I say that if you were working in Hinds why not carry on?

But that would be your project, and I'm sure it would be satisfactory, and if it wasn't, who cares, it would be the only ones available anyway biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

Well I had the HINDs about 75% complete in five varients and lost the HD. Redid it again and way too much detail, be lagglovia baby. Found a 3ds modle and started messing with that after getting the ok to use it for OFP. Still too many polys. Huntedabout for six mounts and recently got another hind model, the BIS one and picking through that to fiz all the things about it I didn't like which is what the CLSA guys did. So got working landing gear opening canopy and the troop doors. Doctored cockpit bubbles now. But if our lives depended on me texturing were all gonna die.

Then better ones came out that are working about as nice or have the things I want on them yeah if your a 56 Ker it suck having to download a big mod file like that. What happend to the servers that offered a CD of the big mods for a couple of bucks and postage usualy a little of the proceeds went into paying for the internet site they were using. To be honest the big mods are worth downloading, there is much more stuff in them than just the choppers. I know the CLSA hinds are fixed now so you can play then against other units if you have your addons setup right and about correct now. Besides the skin work on the CLSA hinds for the resistance side are really really nice, the tiger stripes, just wished they had made the flying eagle Hind that was around for a while whne the odd painted Hinds started showing up like the Devils Charriott.

Hey if these mod guys can bother putting in the weeks and months of long latenights of working on this stuff. Even if I was on 56 K or even 28.8 I still dl the mod just because it was cool to play through. At least most of the mods will release the units sperately later, but its not feaseable to break off units and hand them out. Then when the mod is done, nobody wants it cause they got the little bits that they wanted. Two usually the addon is dependent on the mod anyway so it won't work as a standalone addon. Most of the stuff coming out lately are stand alone units but the get the guys who moan that its not using somebodies weapons pack and ect ect ect ect. Usually causing more delay cause you have to literly hunt down everyone involved in the making of said other parts to get their ok to use it.

It is very rare to see an addon that finished with the same person it started. Just because when you think you got everything fixed somebody manages to find a bug. I'm sure it be more stuff made if OFP was this arcane thing of code and modling combined to make OFP what it is now. And it gets discouraging when you see something of higher quality thatn what I'm currently capable of doing ripped to peices on the forum groups. A good level addon even a small thing easilly will eat up a addon maker for four to six months. One mostly research. then modeling, skining, then the dreaded config work. If you lucky you wont' have to impose scritps to it to make it work. Like the dozen V-22 Ospreys laying around that can't work. AT capable wheeled units. gotta bunch of those around.

Yeah bet their a few dozen guys with hardones for simple units that can't be made do to the engine limitations or made but not high polly and hot sexy textures to be worthy of release. Sure its irrtating, hell were milking the OFP1 engine far beyond its capabilities and still doing it. But its not like the Lara Croft games where the polys were added to her chest and behind and a few exta puzzles and baddies but it was the same game engine for years. Never wondered why BIS didn't publish the really good mods through Codemasters. Like ID did and Valve Raven. But then nobody has don'e a total converssion of the OFP1 engine if you don't count the VBS system.

I see. You have a few points here on why not to bother, but if everybody thinks this way we wouldn't have an addon comunity like we have now.

You have three different kinds of people in here. The people that release stuff, the people that don't release stuff and apreciate the hard work of others, and the people that just wanna take advantage and critizise the quality of somebodys hark work demanding to get it the way they wish and when they want.

This last ones are the ones that make people like you stop working on stuff that could be unique, so I wouldn't worry about what people would say. Have a look at BAS for example. I don't think I seen somebody getting so much crup from the users just because of their hoby. crazy_o.gif

About textures for a hind addon or pack? Why don't you ask for them. Is the only thing that is been done a few times, and some of them are really good. Inquisitors dessert hind is really nice, all it needs is a new model and features + different loadouts, the same gos for his "Eurocamo" version.

I don't think Iquisitor would refuse to share this with you.

@CERO.

Iquisitor is very cool, he's been helping me on a few of my projects, and even gave permission to develope and intergrate a few of his addons into these projects. Kinda quoting Deadmeat when is done its done. I still tinker with them in my spare time, but there were far better units in deveoplment in my mod group, that even considering my addon stuff is a total joke. Nice to still learn it thought and maybe one day bother showing, but find its better doing a base thing and sliding it off on somebody who knows better. OFP finally gets a M551 Sheridon, hopefully it will find its way to the mods like SEBNAM2 pack. Even if it was orriginally made for a OFP OPFOR mod for the military. Base vehicle for the OPFOR VISMODs like at NTC Ft. Irwin Ca. Even though QuakeGamer got it first but he couldn't convert the model from lightwave, so CBT Rudedog figured it out and its my favorite tank in OFP. A few other things I've meessed with that are mulling about in the community if you look for them.