Sign in to follow this  
Blanco

Shooting-range 1.0

Hello everbody,

This is not a real mission with objectives It's just my personal shooting-range.:)

This mission never ends. (or you have to cheat)

After each session some statistics will show up in a hint :

- Used weapon

- Targets hit

- Targets missed

- Shots fired

- Total time

- Average accuracy

- Accuracy penalty

- Total Accuracy

- Average reaction time

- Fastest reaction time

- Slowest reaction time

- Reaction time penalty

- Reaction time total

- Score

- Score penalty

- Bonusses

- Total score

Penalties depends on how many targets you've missed, how many bullets you've fired during the session,etc... I don't want to go into the details, check the shootingrange.sqs for the formulas.

You can also gain bonnusses when your total accuracy is high & reactiontime low or 1 shot is 1 hit or when the difference between your fastest reactiontime and average reactiontime is less then 1 sec (some kind of regularity bonus)

There are also small differences between cadet & veteran mode.

nuf said.

Try the mission and improve your shootingskills

SHOOTING-RANGE 1.0

All addons (3) are in the zip,

-editorupgrade102 (General Barron's version)

-BauelementeV1 (mapfact)

-Popuptargets (dunno...)

There's also a opensource version of the mission, to see how I did it.

My highest score during the tests : 13101 pnts

A friend of mine had 15225.5 pnts

I need feedback!

Have fun!

downloading now...

Quote[/b] ]-Popuptargets (dunno...)

where can I get these? rock.gif

Been looking for something like this for some time Blanco, gj dude! biggrin_o.gif

OK just gave it a quick spin, two things that could be improved upon imo.  smile_o.gif

Firstly maybe move the shooting range back a little from the targets, atm the line of sight you have means you are constantly looking quickly from right to left when targets pop up, and the targets are not of a distance to really test.

Secondly I'd like to see other weapons become available to use in this test, as in all the other rifles, maybe a smaller range for handguns, a much larger for sniper rifles and a huge one for tanks.

Once again good job m8, this rocks!  biggrin_o.gif

hehe, don't be so secretive guys: what's your score?

mine is 5530.2 max

does that mean I suck? tounge_o.gif

how about -3000 for me? tounge_o.gif

very good job. here are my suggestions.

Target position - some targets are hard to see or even blocked from a view point depending on where you are located. this is compunded by the ground not being level. maybe it's just personal preference, but i enjoy starting from level field.

perhaps better positioning so at least they are observable would be nice.

More instruction:

When you meet Range Officer, there should be some more explanation on which lane to take and etc. i started firing from right next to him and it wasn't helping at all.

Ending: need some way to end the game.

overall, very nicely done. i loved the red arrow above action menu, and result poping up on top right hand side. you obviously placed great deal of effort into it and it really shows. however, there are some minor details to be worked on.

Quote[/b] ]

Firstly maybe move the shooting range back a little from the targets, atm the line of sight you have means you are constantly looking quickly from right to left when targets pop up, and the targets are not of a distance to really test.

Hmmm... This 1.0 version was just a start and was only meant to be used with non-scoped weapons. I think the distance is just fine. When I make it wider there's more change that some of the targets are even harder to spot.

Quote[/b] ]

Secondly I'd like to see other weapons become available to use in this test, as in all the other rifles, maybe a smaller range for handguns, a much larger for sniper rifles and a huge one for tanks.

That's the plan, exept for the tanks. I think the only way to make weapons selectable is with a dialog with dropmenu at the start. I'm still learning dialogs,but it's not very stimulating. Every time you make a mistake in the description.ext... a CTD...  crazy_o.gif grrr...

I'm also working on a special mortartraining...

Quote[/b] ]

When you meet Range Officer, there should be some more explanation on which lane to take and etc. i started firing from right next to him and it wasn't helping at all.

I agree. Take the lane with the two flags.

New highscore in cadetmode : 22022.5 pnts (100% total accuracy)

lets post our results here!

sniper.JPG

P.S.

I really felt the need to clean my mouse tounge_o.gif

I couldn't even see some of the targets as they were obstructed by things like large stone walls - plus the targets are the exact same color as the background. rock.gif

I think the targets should be colored differently - like <span style='color:red'>red</span>.

targets.jpg

Even after I modifed the targets so they were colored red, I couldn't see these when they popped up.

First time i tried shooting from next to the officer. I couldn't see some of the targets and got a really bad score. Next i went to the box between the two flags, but noticed some of the targets too late. But after being shown the ones i missed it got better. Although there are 2 targets where only one row of pixels can be seen popping up behind the cover.

BTW: Does anyone play this on cadet mode? Even shooting with that white crosshair thingy (which i disable even in cadet mode)? I only play vet and have to aim with the optics, and sometimes you got very little time to see where the target pops up, go into aim mode and hit it before it disappears. My scores in those three runs were something like -5000, -1000, +2000 iirc. I guess it would get even better now as i now know where the targets can pop up, but i don't think that i get such a good training effect from this.

There were some maps called bootcamp iirc, that had really great shooting ranges, even for mp, with observers, tank-, grenade-, sniper-, cqb-training, etc. But sadly those won't work with newer versions of ofp (at least on my dedicated, they still seem to work when hosted on a client). The hp of the mission makers is down too. Maybe i will give those a spin and try to make them mp-runnable again.

Yep, definitely take the lane between the flags.

I agree that the targets should be a little easier to spot though....had to hunt for a couple of them.

12,409...couldn't find one, but all the others caught one round dead center. I take my time and line 'em up nicely wink_o.gif

When you hit the target during disapear-animation , you are too late... Otherwise when you hit it during popup-animation you are too early...

I'm working on V2.0 with more ranges (3 or 4) & weapons.

This is the idea:

This time I've placed small bunker with a (scripted) door, during the test the door is locked. There's a ammobox only with magazines, after each completed session I unlock the door to meet your range officer and recieve your next weapon.

Three difficulty levels (easy/medium/hard)

In Easy mode : unlimmited retries to gain **** pnts.

Medium mode: 5 retries

Hard mode : 3 retries

So in 2.0 there are objectives to complete.

1st range (factory) for rifles is allready done

2th range (wartown) will be one for scoped weapons (XMS,G36a,..)

3th range is for snipers...

4th range for mortar & grenadelaunchers on moving targets.

Maybe a 5th for pistols I dunno yet...

oh , I use JAM2 weapons and the great US infantry 2003 from hyakushiki because I like them so much! tounge_o.gif

I'm still looking for a good custom island with lots of flat ground, right now I use Basra. Desert island is too small and boring. ghostface.gif

Sounds great.

I dont agree that the targets should be easier to spot. It is great training trying to spot and hit them fast.

When I shoot from between the flags, I could see all targets when sitting down. Some less than others, but thats part of the challenge, eh?

When playing in veteran mode, forget about using the sight.

When playing in veteran mode, forget about using the sight.

What else do you use? Vetmode has no white crosshair, you can only use the sights?1?

Not always, you can enable/disable croshairs in the difficulty options

My crosshair is enabled in Cadet & Vet-mode and the mission is tested with the crosshair enabled.

5000 pnts is a very good score if you play without a croishair.

But AFAIK there's no command to check the players his croishair is enabled or disabled...

But I never use ironsight, except for moving targets that are really far away from me.

I agree with Dossel, it's a part of the challenge. In 2.0 the targets are easy to spot (i bit too easy, I think ).

@toadlife

rock.gif why red?

Enemies never wear red fluo jackets... smile_o.gif

btw:

I found something weird in the popup_targets -addon :

There's an easter-egg, but I can't find it in the editor.

A bikini-babe named crissy...

haha...ok when i saw the 22k score i thought about quitting gaming because i got too bad, now i see you guys played with crosshair, totally forgot ofp has one tounge_o.gif

---

here´s ma score:

result1.jpg

missed 3 targets because they were´nt visible and another one because i was on the phone (lame excuse i know biggrin_o.gif ).

looking forward to an improved version, i like it.

Does this work in MP? Would be good for squads etc. wink_o.gif

Thanks but apparenly the site doesnt exsist tounge_o.gif

you´re too slow m8 bandwith exceeded, try again tomorrow smile_o.gif