Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hitman[SWAF]

You know when you have played too much ofp when:

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

-If your mother language isnt English and your english teacher in school is talking to you and you answer "Roger that".

-When your girlfriend starts to give you tips on mission scripting.

-When you think like this:

Quote[/b] ] "this PLAYERNAME switchMove FXStandLeavePC: goto "bed""

#bed

~10

unit PLAYERNAME == present in bed: goto "end"

unit PLAYERNAME !present in bed: PLAYERNAME setdamage 1

#end

exit

-When every phone conversation starts like this: "You scripting/playing?" - "yeh" - "Ok Ill call you later then."

-When you and your m8 use voice over net comms over telephone to chat.

-When your parents start to call you with your ingame nick.

-Actual phone coneversation: "Hello?, hold on... Roger, we got 2 badboys at west, 200.... Ok back (on phone). Yeah, bye."

- you walk through a park and use EVERY bush on your way as cover.

- you drive with friends to a party and insist that the headlights need to stay off.

- you walk through the city centre and look for a good sniping spot.

- you see a flag pole and desperatly have the urge to go to it and take the flag.

- you DO get the flag down from the pole and start running, while suddenly stopping and wondering why there is no message saying "xxxx took the flag"

- you wonder why you don't get any points for staying close to it and hiding near to it in a bush.

- you ask visitors why they are not wearing the official camo.

- you run to every stick on a walk, cuz it could be a G36 or M21.

- you wonder if it is worth to run after the truck that just passed you, since it might have better weapons.

- you miss the start of a business meeting and yell out: "DAMN LAG!!"

- you are on way to a meeting together with your boss and ask him, if you could take the tank.

- you arrive somewhere and call out: "This is xxxx, I'm in position".

- you only crawl when crossing a street.

- you try to spot something at night and look for the "N" key.

- your English essay is titled: "Why I can't hit a barn door with a PK/M60".

- you think about mining the bridge you just crossed.

- you tell the people you walk around with to "FORM LINE!" and "STAY ALERT!"

- a person stumbles and falls near you, you say "oh no...2...is down"

- your boss asks "Are you ready?" and you answer "Cannot Fire!"

- When you see someone sitting in a park bench, you look at him and shout: "CAMPER"!

- When you see a chopper, your first thought is "AA".

- You hurt yourself and shout "MEDIIC!"

- When your almost every answer is Roger.

-"Why're you late?"

"Erm... I'm not late... you're lagging and missed me"

-"Did you work out your trigonometry?"

"Trig? I thought you said trajectory..." *sound of shells landing in the car park*

- When you use phonetic alphabet all the time.

- Whenever you give your friend/gf a present, its always OFP GOTY

------

All sources from SWAF players.

Please, add your own ones.

smile_o.gif

Thanx a nice list  biggrin_o.gif

One to add: you get a bad grade and try to find out a way to kidnapp you're teacher. First briefing......... biggrin_o.gif

- you walk through a park and use EVERY bush on your way as cover.

- you walk through the city centre and look for a good sniping spot.

- you think about mining the bridge you just crossed.

sad_o.gif thats me

I usualy counter snipe whenI was little I always looked down but now I always look up to se if there is a sniper somewhere. And I nearly always have my arms in a position so it looks like I am holding a M16.

STGN

@ Mar. 09 2004,17:31)]- you try to spot something at night and look for the "N" key.

^^ not funny! this happened to me quite a few times tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yeah, me too! I think it's some kind of abnormal disfunction...

I always look at my shoes for the N key. smile_o.gif

Come to think of it OFP somehow has improved my eye sights i mean all those night/evening missions in which you have to lay low and strain your eyes for the slightest possible movement i swear now adays i can even spot a SLIGHTEST movement from the corner of my eye and usually i am correct in spotting it.

I think OFP has some how moulded us al in to a small semi-trained in warfare maneouvers rag tag army/militia tounge_o.gif

Lol, somehow I don't think straining your eyes at a computer screen will improve your eyesight.

You know you've started to play too much OFP when you go out into the country and you appreciate the vast drawdistance.

I know I do.

I look at the landscape around where I live and wish OFP ran at that resolution. tounge_o.gif

When I get into my car with some friends I usually murmur "ALL getin car 4 o'clock."

Those who are flashpoint players get in and say "2 ready" "3 ready" and then I start driving and say "ALL move to echo foxtrot two four!" biggrin_o.gif

EDIT:

- when you see a vehicle you think "We need that addon!"

- when you look at the sky and comment how nice it would look in a skymod (I do this all the time)

- If you, while on a long trip, start looking for the time acceleration key.

- If you are impressed by the drop script used to create a fire in your fireplace.

- if you keep trying to figure out how to add curly braces "{}" in everything you say

- if you stumble wondering how to close a sentance with a semi-colon

- if you almost drive off the road due to trying not to cause the AI to get fuddled

- if you get lost on base because you don't recognize the signs because they're not in czech

- if you're stuck in traffic and your hand on the stickshift moves to where the mousewheel should be to "Move to gunner's seat"

- if you look at the trees and wonder how many planes they are, and why the world isn't lagging from the obviously massive AA/AS

- if you see a blackhawk go by and your first thought is to see if the snowplow really works

- if you have to remind yourself that even if truck01 is locked = false, the mp's might not be to happy for anybody to just hop in

- if you walk into things because you're always walking looking at your feet or hunched over

-If you search for the 'Q' button everytime you get up.

-If you watch out for the corner of walls from fear of clipping (falling out sideways tounge_o.gif )

- You can't wait to fall asleep so that you can continue your night OFP mission tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

if you don't understand this one, I'd be glad to explain ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]- If you, while on a long trip, start looking for the time acceleration key.

Hehe, I can relate to that. biggrin_o.gif

- You can't wait to fall asleep so that you can continue your night OFP mission    tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  

if you don't understand this one, I'd be glad to explain  ghostface.gif

Explain biggrin_o.gif

I wish the life had a savegame feature sometimes. As long as it loads properly that is.

- You can't wait to fall asleep so that you can continue your night OFP mission tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

if you don't understand this one, I'd be glad to explain ghostface.gif

Explain biggrin_o.gif

Well, if you dream of OFP like I sometimes did, then you know those missions are the best resolution, and sounds are great! You save the game when you get up, and continue next night. tounge_o.gif

Simple as that, and you know you've played too much OFP when you've done that before. biggrin_o.gif

- You can't wait to fall asleep so that you can continue your night OFP mission    tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  

if you don't understand this one, I'd be glad to explain  ghostface.gif

Explain  biggrin_o.gif

Well, if you dream of OFP like I sometimes did, then you know those missions are the best resolution, and sounds are great!  You save the game when you get up, and continue next night.  tounge_o.gif  

Simple as that, and you know you've played too much OFP when you've done that before.  biggrin_o.gif

Damn ive never dreamt of OFP .... crazy_o.gif

I must be missing on to something big tounge_o.gifsad_o.gif

Yes you are, it's an amazing experience, you basically play OFP, or sometimes you think it's real life but not dramatic. Really amazing. tounge_o.gif

Best firefights I've had... wink_o.gif

Well, if you dream of OFP like I sometimes did, then you know those missions are the best resolution, and sounds are great!  You save the game when you get up, and continue next night.  tounge_o.gif  

Simple as that, and you know you've played too much OFP when you've done that before.  biggrin_o.gif

hehe i can relate to that  tounge_o.gif

- When your girlfriend say to you, i'll let you go so you can get back to flashpoint...

- When you have pics from last nights MP as your background at work the next morning, all nicely phtoshoped with borders for presentation purposes tounge_o.gif

Yes you are, it's an amazing experience, you basically play OFP, or sometimes you think it's real life but not dramatic.  Really amazing.  tounge_o.gif

Best firefights I've had...  wink_o.gif

I'm very glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. Whats bad is when it mixes in with other things. I swear last night I destroyed a BMP, then went on to get overrun by men in armor with swords. Freaky crazy_o.gif

I live several miles from an airport. So there is a lot of air traffic, most of it gets tuned out, but once and a while you will hear helocopters come over the house. If there's no one around the first thing I do it try to find where it is, and crouch down, only peeking my head out to track where it's going. biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

ahhhhh, now this one is NOT funny. I see a jogger or someone riding a bike from a distance and determine how far ahead I need to pull the trigger.

I can also relate to the resolution thing too. After playing a few, I go outside sometimes and wish the sky was that clear in OFP.