Sign in to follow this  
Sgt. Stryker

A dam

I have a request for any addon maker out there, make a big river dam, please it is something OFP is lacking and it cous be used a lot in almost every map. Anyone want to tae on the challenge? I will assist in texturing the beast.

Nope, it's not there and I don't think it's even possible with the current engine. You see, all the water can only be at the same height in the game.

By the way, when first seeying this thread I thought you made a map of Amsterdam tounge_o.gif (you know; "A dam" as in "A'dam" as in "Amsterdam" wink_o.gif)

Click Me wink_o.gif

It's a work in progress and the textures will be upgraded btw.  What I've done with the water is made a large box with a water texture on top and you can go through it.  I might also be able to get it scripted so that if you go so deep below surface of water (box), then it will kill you like normal water.  Its not a perfect solution but it could look good when completed.  

Its just something I thought might be interesting, Im not sure I'll keep it. smile_o.gif

EXACTLY!!!! That is exactly what i was looking for brah.perfect. well that solves that problem, btw stick withit. I have one request. One that model (keep it like it is) then also make another except with a large sloped curve in the front.

Yep..that looks good. Nice one smile_o.gif

Very impressive Waterman. and i know It's easier said than done but do try & finish this wink_o.gif

Indeed impressive. Very creative thinking there. Me and my big mouth oversaw that for a second wink_o.gif

Just updated it a little.  I hope to make a few different sections with different features like one with a gate house or one with a control room etc.

Picture

Click Me wink_o.gif

It's a work in progress and the textures will be upgraded btw.  What I've done with the water is made a large box with a water texture on top and you can go through it.  I might also be able to get it scripted so that if you go so deep below surface of water (box), then it will kill you like normal water.  Its not a perfect solution but it could look good when completed.  

Its just something I thought might be interesting, Im not sure I'll keep it. smile_o.gif

Also, make it so that if a car or a plane hits it, it starts to destroy itself just like that or is slowed down once it hits the water and hten blows up smile_o.gif

It's just a very bad pun. Damn as in Dam, Water as in what a, poor joke as in poor joke. (evidently)