Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

The dutroux trial has begun.

For those who do not know who Dutroux is ,or what this trial is about:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3520819.stm

There is still a lot of controversy on this case in Belgium.There are 2 major theory's ,one is that Marc Dutroux worked alone and was a lonely pedofiel ,the other theory saying that Marc utroux worked inside an network where he kidnapped Children for use on sexparty's.I'm rather inclined to believe the last thing than the first ,and i'm also almost sure that people with high connections in Politics were a part of this network.

The Belgian justice system has yet again managed to put the Blunt of the investigation to death.At firrst the case was in the hands of J.M Connerotte ,a widely respected Investigating judge that who was also the man to find Dutroux and those kids anyway.However he was pulled of the case by the Justice system 2 years after the facts ,after he had went to the house of one of the victims parents and ate a spaghetti there.

Connerotte was a firm believer that Dutroux was part of a Pedofile network ,however niw he had to stop that investigation.He was replaced by the most hated Langlois ,who said he clearly believed that Dutroux was not a part of a network and refused to investigate that trial.

There is more ,multiple witnesses that claimed to have proof to Dutroux being a part of a network strangly dissapeard before they could make a report of their knowledge on the case.Some of them have been found back ,killed maffia style.

Dutroux himself has even managed to "escape" at one point ,however that escape was rather due to a few highly incompetent policement who didn't even chain him to take him from prison to police station ,and even let Dutroux just take their gun out of their holster.It was mighty suspicious how easily Dutroux (enemy NO1 in Belgium) could escape ,it was also somewhat suspicious that the whole mobilized Belgian police force couln't find Dutroux back after hours of searching of territory and terrtory ,while eventually Dutroux was found and arrested by a Forrest-Guard!!!

We Belgians are used to conspiracy thinking ,not really hard if you live in this country.

The scumbag should get the dead penalty, too bad the dead penalty doesn't excists in Belgium anymore.

Quote[/b] ]The scumbag should get the dead penalty, too bad the dead penalty doesn't excists in Belgium anymore.

I do not believe in the death penalty ,but as Belgian i know that should Dutroux be ever seen on the streets ,he would be killed by the first pedestrian that sees him ,even a 70 years old granny would atempt to kill him if she could get the chance.

I do not believe in the death penalty

Me neither but what he has done is undiscripable, I am dutch myself and I remember a few years ago on Belgian tankstations that I saw the picture of those missing girls.

This man realy makes me sick

I thought about posting this yesterday,when i was watching the nighttime reruns of the vrt news,and kept hearing it.

The fact that the media jumps on it like rabid dogs is a bit disturbing.

Half of the report in the news was about the foreign attention it was getting,though admittedly every belgian knows the case.

I wonder why it even is in Aarlen,isn't Brussels good enough?

I do not doubt that he is guilty but he has been locked up for 7 years without getting a trial... He is innocent until proven guilty and as they appearently have been sure that he is guilty for the last 7 years they should have given him a trial earlier.

Quote[/b] ]The fact that the media jumps on it like rabid dogs is a bit disturbing.

Won't disagree on that ,they have made good money out of this case before.Remember the time of the Dutroux crises when it just came out ,and the many month's of searching for little girls body's afterwards?For over 4 month's every other news was just dropped ,with extra special's after the days news even if their was nothing of news on the case itself.

That were some tormenting month's for the Belgian people ,but maybe we needed that coverage to pshychologicly endure those events.

Latly i seen a interview with Sabine Dardenne ,one of the 2 girls that were kidnaped by Dutroux but who survived it.It was a very emmotional interview ,i'm sure it deeply touched any Belgian who saw it.

I don't know why AArlon has been chosen ,but as long as it isn't Chalerroi i can live with it.

well .... how come your medias can make your country look so bad ?

In france, we don't doubt that Dutroux is guilty and the he's a monster, but the whole affair has been like a farce here, between the incompetence of your gendarmerie/police and the belgian media coverage ......

It's just the source for more belgian jokes here ...

-edit- : Ran master in orthograph since 1527

I do not doubt that he is guilty but he has been locked up for 7 years without getting a trial... He is innocent until proven guilty and as they appearently have been sure that he is guilty for the last 7 years they should have given him a trial earlier.

Yup that makes me curious as well, being held without being found guilty......

If he did what he is accused of doing then he should die, plain and simple, some people don't deserve to breathe and anyone who abuses and murders children certainly does not deserve to breathe IMO.

Yup that makes me curious as well, being held without being found guilty......

If he did what he is accused of doing then he should die, plain and simple, some people don't deserve to breathe and anyone who abuses and murders children certainly does not deserve to breathe IMO.

that's belgium for you ........ at least that's what it looks like from here

Are there any Belgians at Guantanamo?

Are there any Belgians at Guantanamo?

Don't think so..

Edit: Or maybe it's not the US who keeps them locked up but the Belgians?!

If there's one I guess he must have got lost on his way to get Moules-Frites and ended up in Afghanistan

Well,there have just been some images from the first day.

He was just catching up on some sleep,because he hadn't slept well during the night.

Sleeping. In court. In front of his jury and judge.

Even he doesn't take it seriously.

I can perfectly understand if we're the laughing stock of our neighbouring countries because of this,it is ridiculous.

Edit : oh,and i believe a belgian guy was/is at guantanamo,don't know exactly why though

Was there not suspected to be a similar paedophile ring in Southern France a year or two back, thought to include prominent people in local politics and law enforcement? iirc there was a ritual component to some of the murders. Damn, wish I could remember more ...

wev' had our lot of nasty affairs to ... but we aren't belgian so ...

Quote[/b] ]I do not doubt that he is guilty but he has been locked up for 7 years without getting a trial... He is innocent until proven guilty and as they appearently have been sure that he is guilty for the last 7 years they should have given him a trial earlier.

First of all Dutroux is proven guilty before the trial even starts ,he already admit of killing 4 of the little girl.There are multiple reasons why this trial takes so long.First of all Belgium is very known for having a very slughish justice system where it takes years for a trial to come forward.Secondly the investigation took a very long time ,as theyre were many leads and there had to be investigation to a possible network of pedophiles with conection to politician's etc. ,In this sense the investigtion hasn't taken long enough actually ,as a lot of thing's are still not clear.Thirdly there were a number of investigations on Dutroux and his accomplices with charges that have set to penalty already before this trial ,that  is on charges of car theft and drug dealing. (Dutroux also did other crime's)

But it's a fact ,Belgian's justice system really sucks overall ,and most Belgians deffinatly feel about it that way.The recent trial of the killing of Minister Cools was about 15 years after the actual murder (Cools was killed in 1987?) and it was a farce also.And there is the "Gang of Nijvel" another very touchy case wich is still not resolved 20 years after the facts.

wev' had our lot of nasty affairs to ... but we aren't belgian so ...

... meaning ....

I hope your attitude against Belgians isnt the general attitude in France .. rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I hope your attitude against Belgians isnt the general attitude in France ..

There is such a saying in France: "Les petit Belge" .

Knowing French pretty well ,i know these people have a superiority feeling in their nature. (Chauvinism!)

Anyway ,were usually relativly more accepeted By French people than most other people ,mostly because most of us Belgian speak French and the french see us as "half French". (While the Germen's see us as "half Germans")

That said ,if you want a job done don't ask a Frenchmen ,there are a lot of French "working" in Belgium ,but that is relative because in comparison the usual Belgian is a much harder worker than a Frenchmen ,so we rather have Germans working here.   rock.gif  tounge_o.gif

I don't think French respect us that much ,but they respect us more than other nationality's IMO ,atleast here they can be in a foreign country and still speak French and eat good food and drink good wine ,they won't get in theyre other neighbouring country's. (except from luxemburg maybe)

I know ...

But i dont hear alot of Belgian ppl make jokes about french.

Maybe that happens more in Wallonia.

Here we mostly make jokes about the dutch tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But i dont hear alot of Belgian ppl make jokes about french.

We don't joke about them ,we complain about them.  tounge_o.gif

I mean ,if you ever see a car speeding on the on the breakdown side of a Highway next to a traffic holdup where other cars are at standstill ,or see a car parked over two parking lots ,or a car withought a handicap card parked on a handicap spot ,then note his French lisence plates.  crazy_o.gif

Anyway ,thats bnot on topic.

I saw the Vrt news today to ,and i wonder how the parents of the dead children must have felt when Dutroux was just sleeping on the trial.

Quote[/b] ]I hope your attitude against Belgians isnt the general attitude in France ..

There is such a saying in France: "Les petit Belge" .

Knowing French pretty well ,i know these people have a superiority feeling in their nature. (Chauvinism!)

Anyway ,were usually relativly more accepeted By French people than most other people ,mostly because most of us Belgian speak French and the french see us as "half French". (While the Germen's see us as "half Germans")

That said ,if you want a job done don't ask a Frenchmen ,there are a lot of French "working" in Belgium ,but that is relative because in comparison the usual Belgian is a much harder worker than a Frenchmen ,so we rather have Germans working here. rock.giftounge_o.gif

I don't think French respect us that much ,but they respect us more than other nationality's IMO ,atleast here they can be in a foreign country and still speak French and eat good food and drink good wine ,they won't get in theyre other neighbouring country's. (except from luxemburg maybe)

Well, it's not really that we dislike you but frankly .. you give us the knives to stab you with ......

My last remark was that our medias and justice weren't as dumb as yours since most of the affairs got solved without being overly mediatised.

A lot, if not most of the french have a bad image of your country because of the picture made by your government, institutions and medias ..... most of us consider you as the "little retarded neighboor" i know it is wrong but hell ..... when you offer us such exemples, how can we not follow the bandwagon and think all belgians are stupid and worst ?

French people on the other hand are generally quite proud and this pride sometimes reaches arrogance. We"re often no better than belgians, but at least we try to hide it.

as said recently on the TV :

You cannot make jokes about arabs anymore

You cannot make jokes about jews anymore

You cannot make jokes about black people anymore

You cannot make jokes about handicaped people anymore

But you still have the belgian jokes

... tells a lot about the ambiant state of mind

Retarded .... crazy_o.gif

No seriously, this is somewhat of a surprise to me. Didn t think the general french attitude was like this.

If this thing happened in whatever country it would be the same thing. There would be alot of mediacoverage ( good or bad ) everywhere.

It s sad one man ( Dutroux ) can put his country in a negative daylight like this.

Most other tourists or foreign ppl mostly praise our country and the people, at least the flemmish part ... tounge_o.gif

I have no bad word about french ppl ( ok they are chauvinistic bastards ). My only problem is with southern french ppl, their mentality is really bad, never seen such lazy bastards ... well i have, 800 km more to the south hehe.

mańana ( no further comment )

French Justice system is better ,and i don't like or own justice system ,so does most Belgian's hate our justice system.Same goes for our media ,were not to fond of it ,but then atleast it's not as bad as French media. (or latino media ,lol)

I mean i just don't look French tv because it sucks that much ,theyre own made programs suck ,and if they buy a program from an other country then they dub the english or othr languaghe in French with the most retarted voice actors ,yuk!

But Belgians ,or atleast Flemmish genneraly laugh with the French to ,and i'm Flemmish.  tounge_o.gif (And Dutroux was a walloon(French speaking Belgian))

We laugh with French politics to ,wich is not all that hard ,if you think we Belgians can make ourself look rediculous then just observe French politicians.  crazy_o.gif

But then ,there is much to be said about our own politicians ,and in fact about all the politician of our neighbouring country's to ,so i wouldn't look to the media ,justice system or politics of a country to get a good view on it's people ,or otherwise we would have to call all American rednecks.

In genneral i think us Flemmish speaking people mostly respect the Dutch ,yes we make fun of them and they make fun of us ,but that's because really Dutch and Flemmish really come along very nice with eachother.

There are much stereotype's for about any notionality in the world.Even the Dutch can be made rediculous given some Klomps and a boll of Cheese.But given the plurality of West Europe and the ethnic compositition of Belgium wich is basicly a mix of all ethnicity's around us (of wich french predominant) ,it would be shortsighted to compare all Belgians to our steriotype's.

Quote[/b] ]mańana ( no further comment )

rofl.  biggrin_o.gif

I ever read a book of George orwell. (salute to Catalonia)

At one point ,he had to flee from Spain ,after he had serverd in the army's of Republican spain in the Spanish civil war.He had a to take a trip of 4 days to the border of Spain in wich he was already signalled to be arrested by the police in Barcelona ,but somehow after four days the signal for arrest hadn't even reached the border posts ,so they let him go.Just what Orwell had been hoping for ,in Germany that would just have never happend.He spend a whole chapter in that book about the Spannish manana culture and how it eventually saved him.