Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Gun club in nevada

I'm kinda surprised at how careless these people seem to be with the way they are with their guns.

wow_o.gif Where can I get an RPD??

Edit: that guy with the overheated AK is a bit of an idiot, isn't he? And the people firing the SAWs are doing it very poorly. Trying to fire as much as possible as fast as possible. Bursts are better for the barrel and are more fun, anyways.

duh. i can make some really offensive comments, but won't do so.

first, this brought back memories of 80s(Quiet Riot's Come feel the noise). ouch! tounge_o.gif

the shooting actually involves some people from HKPRO.com I saw some of their G36 conversions(adding a bit of stuff to SLR or whatever that civilian rifle is) along with UMP a few months ago from the forum.

and yes, going full auto seems fun, but notice that there is a AK or SKS that looses it's hand guard after excessive shooting. ghostface.gif

overall, not much i have to say except for the idiot who lighted his cigarette from a hot barrel. wonder if they took out magazine and cleared the chamber or not, but certianly very dangerous.

These people got a pretty sick obsession for weapons if you're going to the desert and shoot some heavy machineguns and mortars together with your children rock.gif

Not the idea of a nice familytrip wink_o.gif

Maybe it was 'who can shorten the lifespan of their firearm the most day' crazy_o.gif

wow_o.gif  Where can I get an RPD??

legal semi-auto i know a place to get one for $3,750

Full-auto i will have to check on but it involes ATF Form 4 w/ all the Class III/NFA rules($200 tax stamp, LE letter of approval and such) and runs around $12,000-$20,000 or so if i can even find you one

I'm kinda surprised at how careless these people seem to be with the way they are with their guns.

They're safety freaks in Colorado, compared to in Wisconsin:

Quote[/b] ]Stored Bullets Explode in Wis. Oven

Wed Feb 18, 8:11 PM ET

HOWARD, Wis. - A man and his wife ducked behind a refrigerator when bullets began exploding in their oven, authorities say.

Capt. Craig Kohlbeck of the Brown County Sheriff's Department said the husband had put the ammunition and three handguns in the oven before the couple left on a vacation.

He told officers he thought the items would be safe there in case someone broke into the home while they were away.

After returning from their trip Tuesday, the wife turned on the oven to prepare dinner and the bullets ignited, Kohlbeck said.

No one was hurt.

crazy_o.gif Rifle grenades, is that legal?

Anyway, that video is a good argument for gun control. There should be at least some form of minimal education on how to use a weapon before you're allowed to own it. I've never seen such weapon abuse in my life. Bloody morons.

crazy_o.gif Rifle grenades, is that legal?

Anyway, that video is a good argument for gun control. There should be at least some form of minimal education on how to use a weapon before you're allowed to own it. I've never seen such weapon abuse in my life. Bloody morons.

If its any consolation, half the buggers will kill themselves...

Just a shame some of them have survived long enough to have offspring.

but notice that there is a AK or SKS that looses it's hand guard after excessive shooting. ghostface.gif

i had to laugh so hard when watched this scene (& again i got these incomprehensible looks from my colleague´s because i lol´ed at the computerscreen) biggrin_o.gif

but excuse me, imo the whole gunclub is nutz :|

I noticed quite a difference between various flash suppressions. Some of those russian weapons do a very good job at this...

Sorry, but I have absolutely nothing to criticise about this "maniac meeting".

A: they are in the desert

B: they seem to have arranged the shooting range in a safe manner

C: I assume those people have some sort of responsibility of where to store their weapons

well okay, you gotta let them some sort of freedom. Better these people freak in Nevada than in Iraq!

unclesam.gif

Sorry, but I have absolutely nothing to criticise about this "maniac meeting".

Let me give you a hint of one of the flaws: the rule of thumb for firing a weapon on full auto is in bursts of 3-4 seconds.

An overheated weapon can malfunction badly. And when it does, they might not be in the desert, but in a place where they can potentially hurt other people.

Quote[/b] ]An overheated weapon can malfunction badly. And when it does, they might not be in the desert, but in a place where they can potentially hurt other people.

Well that is why those freaks are all together as a group, no outsiders! They are willing to take the risk together and so they do, it is a mutual agreement. Okay the teenie in the crowd..well..can be discussed.

I doubt they would shoot those things anywhere than in the desert! ALSO before and after use  I am sure even those crazy dudes are polishing their guns. After all they love them more than their wifes!

BTW: anyone knows how tall Bush is? in cm

Damn those people are so stupid wow_o.gif

Dont they know what a overheated weapon is?

And what happens when a weapon is over heated?

Damn...This kind off morrons will make guns iligal cause: They dont know fucking how to use a weapon...

My tip for them: Go and visit a good shooting school ( Like what i am doing now ) and start with some BBE guns later swap BBE for the real deal.

Mmmm nice! drools :P'''''' Don't see anything wrong with what their doing , if ya got the dough you

can afford full auto toys ....sniff!

Not sure if the rifle grenades had any explosive in them as they didn't seem to. Because it seemed they cut to the 50 cal after the dude fired the grenade. But even if they did, pay the gov their cut and it can be owned. So their legal.

Full auto will shorten the life of the gun , but once again I think these guys can afford the spare parts.

The melting ak can be explained away by a very cheap barrel. That does not happen with most

ak's except the cheap ones. Cheap ak + 75 round drum + hot desert + bump fire = meltdown.

I think the guy was more of a moron for CONTINUING to fire even after he knew that the handguards were starting to melt and the barrel was steaming. It's like he was thinking "I've got money to burn, so let's fuck up a weapon and potentially cause a premature ammo cookoff while we're at it!"

This is the kind of behaviour that I was on about in the H+KM4 thread. Oh, but that makes me a hippy of course.  mad_o.gif

And note that the same site HKpro gets mentioned AGAIN? I said those people were gun nuts.

It's the people like this that should not have guns, but are the most likely to own them. They should take away the guns and give them Airsoft weapons. Good, safe fun.

I noticed on a program some time ago that the KKK 'officially' broke up at the exact time the NRA formed. Nothing suspicious there..

Sorry...but any connection between the KKK, and the NRA is utter bullshit.

Didnt see the video, the link is dead...But, as long as they are putting the rounds downrange in a safe direction, there is nothing wrong with firing as much full-auto fire as they want.

Now, if there is un-safe gun handling going on in the vid...that is a different story.

Wear and tear on the barrel is not an issue, because the only thing that is registered as a machinegun is the reciever.

The rest of the parts are cheap, and easily replaced.

madmedic,

there is a scene where one guy puts his cigarette in his mouth, and lights it up with over heated barrel. i'm guessing that the gun in clear, but who knows.

Im all for having an interest in weaponry and military equipment...I have some interest in such subjects but the only weapon I actually own is a Katana replica.

People with that degree of fascination with weaponry seem to be attracted to them for the sole purpose of the "power and respect" that pop culture has given the gun.  These fools think the guns they own will make them feel important.  Not just in America, other countries have just as many idiots.  

As for their being idiots with safety concerns....I feel a Darwin Award comin' on!!

PS: Oh yea...and the NRA can go to hell, bunch of freakin hoosiers who care about nobody else...

how come automatic weapons such as an AK47 in 3rd world countries cost as little as $5 but in the states they cost up to $20 000 ? sounds like a rip of if you ask me

how come automatic weapons such as an AK47 in 3rd world countries cost as little as $5 but in the states they cost up to $20 000 ? sounds like a rip of if you ask me

Because in third world countries they are alot of them available.

In the U.S., the only ones that are legal for anyone to own besides a Class III dealer, Type II manurfacturer, or Law Enforcement agency...are weapons that were officially registered as civillian transferable machineguns before the 1986 ban on manurfacture of new machineguns for civillian use.

Any machinegun built after that is only legal for the above mentioned people to own.

So...The registered guns / recievers / trigger packs, are IT...there are no more

Supply, and demand drives the price up.

(RalphWiggum)

Quote[/b] ]madmedic,

there is a scene where one guy puts his cigarette in his mouth, and lights it up with over heated barrel. i'm guessing that the gun in clear, but who knows.

LOL...well, as long as the weapon is clear (and Im quite sure it likely was) and its pointing in a safe direction...whatever floats your boat biggrin_o.gif

My guess is the guy was likely showing off the durability of the AK (It WAS an AK, right?...didnt see the vid)

You can fire one till the barrel turns red, and it will keep on chugging.

Now, its definitely not GOOD for the rifle...and you need to make sure you dont leave a round in the chamber, but if you have the money to waste, I will gladly replace your barrel for you when you are done. wink_o.gif

I have emptied a full 30 round magazine on full auto now and then (just for fun)...but never fired non-stop for more than that

However,...its not uncommon for me to go through 10 or more mags in semi-auto at the range on a given day biggrin_o.gif

BTW, the barrel of an AK47 is too hot to touch, even after as little as 10 rounds, in SEMI auto.