Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Weird problem, very weird. (plz help)

I'm doing beta testing of my 3way mod of Karrillion's RTS, everything works fine for me and my friends.

Now when Karr launches it locally or the server launches it, it crashes and says something like "out of reserved memory".

But it only crashes for him, not for anyone else.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

Yeh I already searched but there isn't a mention of Kegetys in the mission.sqm..

And the weirdest thing is it only happens on Karr's server.

I don't know the exact specs of his comp, but he has 1.5 gb of memory, so that can't be it.

Uhhh dude, he has ONLY the ones for the RTS activated and he also has -nomap on.

That could be it, yet some people have this option and it's not even related to memory.

So if I folllow this right, you're saying that when you start the server, or anyone else for that matter does on their machines, all's swell, but using the same configs Karr's machine crashes?

First off, which OS - Win(ver?) or Linux?

2nd - dedicated or internal launch server?

My experience with the memory setting in the preferences app is that the addons needing larger amounts of memory are those that have individual components requireing the -nomap exception, not a massive volume of itty-bitty stuff.

If it is a windows machine, we'd especially need some specs, as well as an apps list of running processes.

Posting the flashpoint.cfg would help too.

Thanks.

Actually Karr AND the server crash, but me, my friend and 2 other people were fine.

My friend and I played it MP all the time..

The server is dedicated and was probably using -Nomap.

Does anyone else know what could cause this?