Sign in to follow this  
General Mcclintock

T-90 tank addon, does it exist?

...That has addons.

well I look for a T-90 tank, yup that russian counterpart to the M1 Abrams.

Not to start discussing tanks, I am looking for one for either OFP 1.46 (Most happy) and 1 for OFP resistance, latest version, so actually it doesn't matter.

I am also hoping some of you know OFP addon sites.

Besides gamesdepot.cz and operationflashpoint.org

Like to collect ya know ;)

Adversary Tank Pack is nice. (by Sigma-6)

9 tanks in all (including the T-90

MIRROR

East units

T72M1

T72B W/ Kontakt ERA

M84

M84A4 Snajper

T90

Iraqi T72M1

West units

M1A1 (M829A1)

M1A2 (M829A2)

M1A2 (M829A3)

===============================

*damn, just noticed its the same pack that Hunt666 posted smile_o.gif

This is about to be massively improved and rereleased by RHS. . .

My personal opinion is that a real opponent for M1A3 can be only T80UM... T90 is just a T72B(ERA) modification for new tower and electronics. But for M1A1\A2 modifications can be hit even by T72M1, like Iraq wars shown.)) Abram tanks aren't a real opponents at all. Perhaps Leo2 tanks..

The T-90 is a great deal more than 'just a T-72B'. It's pretty much an entirely new tank, as a matter of fact. The T-90 is based on the T-72BM (which will be in the RHS T-72 pack) except that it's further improved. Beyond even that, the T-90M is a great deal more than either the T-90 or T-90S (the export version).

There is no M1A3.

@ Feb. 06 2004,09:41)]My personal opinion is that a real opponent for M1A3 can be only T80UM... T90 is just a T72B(ERA) modification for new tower and electronics. But for M1A1\A2 modifications can be hit even by T72M1, like Iraq wars shown.)) Abram tanks aren't a real opponents at all. Perhaps Leo2 tanks..

And again you cant compare iraqi T-72 "Asad Babyl" to a russian T-72. Iraqi ones only look like T-72 but have almost nothing common with them.

@ Feb. 06 2004,03:41)]My personal opinion is that a real opponent for M1A3 can be only T80UM... T90 is just a T72B(ERA) modification for new tower and electronics. But for M1A1\A2 modifications can be hit even by T72M1, like Iraq wars shown.)) Abram tanks aren't a real opponents at all. Perhaps Leo2 tanks..

As fare as I know nothing protects a tank from being hit, except its crew. I could problery also hit an M1A2SEP Abrams whit a T55 if I saw the abram first and I am not even a close to being a tank gunner(altho i have tryed the gunners position on an Leo1A5DK).

The Leo2A5/6 is in the same class as the M1A2SEP, it only has a bit more frontal turret amor. And so I think the OPLOT, T80UM and T90M is.

I have a question is the STAFF round dangerous to tanks like the OPLOT? cause it explodes when over the taget, a bit like an ATGM as fare as I under stand, its just not a missile.

STGN

As fare as I know nothing protects a tank from being hit, except its crew. I could problery also hit an M1A2SEP Abrams whit a T55 if I saw the abram first and I am not even a close to being a tank gunner(altho i have tryed the gunners position on an Leo1A5DK).

The Leo2A5/6 is in the same class as the M1A2SEP, it only has a bit more frontal turret amor. And so I think the OPLOT, T80UM and T90M is.

There's more to tanks than just armor, speed and firepower these days. For one thing, you in your T-55 will have to be stationary to fire at the M1, while the M1 can fire on the move. I wouldn't want to be standing still in a T-55 on a modern battlefield unless it's hidden inside a building or something. That's not mentioning the optics, nightvision, IR, laser rangefinder, etc. A T-55 can't even see and target the M1 before the M1 will see and target the T-55.

AFAIK every single M1 lost in "Enduring Freedom" was lost due to ATGM missiles. Iraqi armor didn't stand a chance because they couldn't target US armor before getting hit first every time.

So if you want to take on modern tanks, dump your old, obsolete tanks, and get some good ATGMs.

There's more to tanks than just armor, speed and firepower these days. For one thing, you in your T-55 will have to be stationary to fire at the M1, while the M1 can fire on the move. I wouldn't want to be standing still in a T-55 on a modern battlefield unless it's hidden inside a building or something. That's not mentioning the optics, nightvision, IR, laser rangefinder, etc. A T-55 can't even see and target the M1 before the M1 will see and target the T-55.

AFAIK every single M1 lost in "Enduring Freedom" was lost due to ATGM missiles. Iraqi armor didn't stand a chance because they couldn't target US armor before getting hit first every time.

So if you want to take on modern tanks, dump your old, obsolete tanks, and get some good ATGMs.

Yet modern tanks have the range advantage which plays well into thier hands in desert and flat enviroments, many of these tanks were designed to fight in Europe where your range would be drimatically reduced becuase of buildings, hills, folige and other obsticals, so hence they loose their advantage against older varients.

Quote[/b] ]AFAIK every single M1 lost in "Enduring Freedom" was lost due to ATGM missiles.

I've heard that was shoddy reporting. Reports I saw claimed those were almost all 23mm DU rounds.

How come EVERY single topic regarding tanks in OFP on these forums turns into a bickering match about what tanks are better in RL and what happened in Chenya/End. Freedom/Iraqi Freedom? And what tank would beat what tank under what circumstances?

Sorry but its got to the point that I hardly ever view a topic anymore if its about tanks because everyone is the same exact thing. I opened this topic expecting to see discussion of a T-90 addon being worked on or ideas for making one, yet I read almost exactly the same type of stuff being posted in the "American Tanks" mad_o.gif

Yes there is a T90 out there. Made by Sigma and it friggin' ROCKS.

Yes it does rock ass, serious ass!

But.....its still a little old addon, I mean, its been around for like such a god damn long time!!! So ya, I cannot wait for the Updated version of em all that will be released by RHS!

~Bmgarcangel

Quote[/b] ]How come EVERY single topic regarding tanks in OFP on these forums turns into a bickering match about what tanks are better in RL and what happened in Chenya/End. Freedom/Iraqi Freedom?  And what tank would beat what tank under what circumstances?

Sorry but its got to the point that I hardly ever view a topic anymore if its about tanks because everyone is the same exact thing.  I opened this topic expecting to see discussion of a T-90 addon being worked on or ideas for making one, yet I read almost exactly the same type of stuff being posted in the "American Tanks"

Is it just me, or isn't a post like that one rather pointless?

I mean, if you open a BAS or RHS thread, you're likely to see the old 'addonmakers just complain all the time' or 'addon users just complain all the time' threads, sure, and that's the same kind of thing, right?

(IMHO) The solutions to threads you don't want to read are:

1. don't read them.

2. for God's sake, don't post on them telling people that.

[besides, I don't see any bickering going on (except what you're saying, which is more like 'bitching' than 'bickering'), what I see here is a discussion between people who want to have a discussion and who all have chosen to participate.]

That the T55 was hidden and the engine turned off was kinda unesesary too tell cause offcause the M1 would teak the other one out before it had a chance to shoot back if the meet in open land. And i would get my ass out of the tank the second I had shot cause I would guess that I did not have a chance to kill the M1 unless from the rear(could a T55 pennetrade the engine and go in and kill the crew?).

STGN

...That has addons.

well I look for a T-90 tank, yup that russian counterpart to the M1 Abrams.

Not to start discussing tanks, I am looking for one for either OFP 1.46 (Most happy) and 1 for OFP resistance, latest version, so actually it doesn't matter.

I am also hoping some of you know OFP addon sites.

Besides gamesdepot.cz and operationflashpoint.org

Like to collect ya know ;)

"not to start discussing tanks..." ;)

Quote[/b] ]That the T55 was hidden and the engine turned off was kinda unesesary too tell cause offcause the M1 would teak the other one out before it had a chance to shoot back

This is an interesting scenario. It doesn't really matter if the tank is 'cold' IRL, the thing is, metal changes temperature differently than its surroundings, so at dawn and dusk (and in their bracketing hours) and often during the day and night, a T-55 is quite visible to FLIR regardless. . .

On the note about M1 kills from the rear. . . evidence would suggest that you might take out the engine, but probably not the crew.

Evidence is probably right too. Although we're not sure what took out the Abrams tank over near the Interior of Defense building in Baghdad in april of 2003, that Abrams tank was seriously messed up, Crew killed instantly I believe, and the tank was bassically.......well, not on fire but...had a hole in the back area and through the center area and at the turret areas looked like as if a crow bar had come about and just pulled the metal and made a few holes in the tank. That show's that a Abrams can be destroyed but also the fact that it didn't blow up and get on fire was because the amazing sprinklers on a abrams tank, put fire out almost instantly after it has begun in every part of the tank.

Thats one part that gets OFP a little wrong and some other games. It wouldn't blow up and become all black and stuff. Fire would be put out and it would only smoke some and possibly a few ammuntion bursts but those wouldn't do much.

~Bmgarcangel

The fire suppression systems. . . Pretty sure they're Halon gas.