Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

1.96 problems

Installed beta 1.96 and the following happened.

- My sound in single player was distorted when driving a truck (running beta 1.96 exe)

- HUD gone

My hardware

AMD Athlon XP 1800

512 MB RAM

GeForce FX 5200 128 MB RAM

Soundblaster Live 5.1

Running Win XP

All Drivers updated

- My sound in single player was distorted when driving a truck (running beta 1.96 exe)

That's an old problem with certain SB cards, but is it new for you?

Yes it's new for me. I haven't played the game for quite a while. Gave my copy to a friend of mine. The other day I saw a copy of OFP GOTY and just bought it again as there aren't any other games in it's league anyway.

But yes the problem is new to me, but I solved it by reinstalling the game and only applying the 1.91 patch that was on CD3.

Someone knows a trick to correct that ?

Someone knows a trick to correct that ?

If you search for "turbo" you should find something to change in the registry, didn't solve it for me, best option is to replace the card, tis what I'm planning to do sad_o.gif

SB Live has sound-issues with OFP. Audigy is fine with the newest drivers.

But you surely made sure sound hardware accel is on (try it off even) and play with some of the environments (eax etc..)

Could also try other soundpacks, could help or worsen ,lol

I dont know if this is a bug or if it is something i havent set up properly, but with the new 1.95 / 1.96 i can no longer adjust my view slightly left or right. I use a joystick to fly helicopter etc and the numpad to look left to right but now all i can do is look as far right / left as possible and not hold the view (if that makes sense!??!?)

Anyone tell me where im going wrong?

I dont know if this is a bug or if it is something i havent set up properly, but with the new 1.95 / 1.96 i can no longer adjust my view slightly left or right. I use a joystick to fly helicopter etc and the numpad to look left to right but now all i can do is look as far right / left as possible and not hold the view (if that makes sense!??!?)

Anyone tell me where im going wrong?

This is a "feature" introduced in 1.95. I'm sure something like this has to be willingly implemented, so BIS - please, please, change this back to the way it was (free looking without autocenter).

This autocenter feature makes effective flying much harder, especially with helicopters. This should be an option you can turn on or off. I'm sure I speak for a lot of OFP flying fans when I say we'd really appreciate this getting changed to the way it was. smile_o.gif

I agree..(AUTOCENTER)

The autocenter is terrible for flying a chopper.. i can't use the hat and look left and circle anymore because the thing keeps autocentering on me.. I use another button to autocenter so its nice.. but now I have no control over it ..

and cant ever look out my side window .. please please fix this.

also a bug in 1.96

i was flying a Multiplayer non-dedicated and noticed that once an AI entered my chopper.. I loose the MANUAL FIRE option. Once he exits I get the options back. strange

I check and it works fine in 1.95 .. new bug in 1.96

Can a forum admin pls pin this thread so we can put 1.96 bugs in here.

Thanks,

Cpt Moore

Much as I love this game trying to find a bug in it is like trying to find hay in a haystack. Here are some off the top of my head.

During (at least) the first cutscene in Red Hammer, when people speak their queueing is all messed up, one person will go to speak before the other has finished. This doesn't seem to happen with Cold War Crisis and it's only happened once or twice with Resistance.

I'm guessing there's some messed up path names in the code somewhere because my save directory has subdirectories like this: C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Users\meiso\Saved\Users\meiso.

I don't know if these are bugs but I started playing Resistance to check the speech bug and during the first mission twice I stood right in front of an enemy soldier and fired with the shotgun and it completely missed them. During the second mission when the mines are supposed to go off, 2 out of 3 times none of them went off.

Quote[/b] ]I stood right in front of an enemy soldier and fired with the shotgun and it completely missed them.

This sounds like a FADE item to me and not a bug.

Did you install with a legal licensed CD from Codemasters or a copy of the game? If its not the original CD or if you are using a crack then this can happen its not a bug. Also if a user addon is not configured correctly this could happen. I suggest trying it without any outside addons and see if you get the same result or resinstall the game with a licensed cd if that was an issue.

Quote[/b] ]I stood right in front of an enemy soldier and fired with the shotgun and it completely missed them.

This sounds like a FADE item to me and not a bug.

Did you install with a legal licensed CD from Codemasters or a copy of the game? If its not the original CD or if you are using a crack then this can happen its not a bug. Also if a user addon is not configured correctly this could happen. I suggest trying it without any outside addons and see if you get the same result or resinstall the game with a licensed cd if that was an issue.

Yes it's a perfectly legal copy (Game Of The Year Edition) although the CD wasn't in the drive because you don't need it with the newer beta versions (Thank God, I hate CD swapping with a passion). As soon as I managed to get my hands on an AK74, aiming wasn't a problem. Does the game even still use FADE now that the CD checks have been removed?

The first thing I do when testing bugs is make sure there are no mods loaded so I guess that answers your second question.

I just installed beta 1.96 and got an error message when I tried to play the game the way the readme says by clicking beta.exe. The error Said, 'Users\stuart\UserInfo.cfg.': 'o' encountered instead of '=' by the way the O has a ~ symbol above it in the error message.

Never mind I fixed the problem myself. To fix it I had to delete the UserInfo.cfg file in the users directory and the game created a new one itself and ran with no problem.

Yeah I was about to tell you off for not searching and finding the same answer here wink_o.gif

Yeah I was about to tell you off for not searching and finding the same answer here  wink_o.gif

Search would not have worked in this case as the message he got was UserInfo.cfg.tl not regular .cfg and I was playing offline single player not online like him so the search keywords didnt find that. I tried to search but no results came back. Thats for the link to it though I appreciate your fast response and willingness to help me. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Ah thats why it didnt show up it was from over a year ago and my search must not have been set to look that far back.

Yeah it's always best to change it to "the beginning" in the search from bit, a lot of the common(ish) problems have been around a while smile_o.gif

Slightly offtopic, but is it possible to expand the search function? It's nearly useless, because you often find threads with 1000+ postings and have to read through that manually instead of getting directed to the post number where the keyword was found...

If it's possible to implement it I can't see any reason not to, would be exceedingly useful smile_o.gif

Anybody else find they have to hit the B key a few times to activate the binoculars? (Before anyone asks, the key works fine in everything else)

EDIT: It's happening with my reload key as well.

my OFP will only accept if i press 3 keys at the same time, if i press a 4th key it wont do what 4th key is supposed to do, i suppose this is my keyboard configuration, but could that be your problem? or lag?