Sign in to follow this  
swede

Rumour!

I could imagine a good reason to release such an expansion for PC. It could make it compatible to the XBox version, to have one big online comunity.

Version 1.5 Will be like Crack... Get us hooked and set on buying 2.0 with haste.

I think that it would be a terrible idea for BI to release another expansion pack for OFP 1. There just isn't enough of a market to make a profit sad_o.gif .

OFP 1.5 will propably be a expansion made and released by Codemasters much like Red Hammer.

But as the xbox version of OFP will be released before that we might get to see the same engine in OFP 1.5 which would mean join in play and a much more optimized game.

I feel pretty sure that it's a codemasters production but I do hope they'll also use the features used in xbox.

I cannot understand why they haven't done some expansions.

Maybe Bis don't believe in the "money for old rope" principle like a lot of other game "franchises" *cough*sims*cough*MOHAA*cough*BF1942*cough*  wink_o.gif

*Note I could be being unduly harsh on any/all of the above as I haven't played all the various addons smile_o.gif

Notice Also Fifa, C&C i see a pattern no wait its all EA games!

Damn you're right I forgot those two smile_o.gif

I'm sure there are other "franchises" that are similar, none by any company other than EA spring to mind though, probably because one of their strengths is marketing so you hear about their games whether you want to or not smile_o.gif

Perhaps this new "expansion" will be OFP for Xbox packed for PC with the new soldier models a new campaign or two, vehicles and other various goodies? If so I'd buy it in hearbeat!

I smell a plot:

OFP1.5  $45

OFP2    $45

;p

It's like...

OFP for X-BOX - $60

OFP 1.5 upgrade - $30

OFP 2 - PRICELESS!

Quote[/b] ]OFP 1.5 will propably be a expansion made and released by Codemasters much like Red Hammer.

Which means that it will blow goats mad_o.gif .

Guest jacobaby

I would like to see a new official campaign, using new units and a new larger terrain.

Also, some of the advantages that have been learned/planned for OFP2 would be nice to have a preview stage, to allow OFP2 to be "perfect".

Things Like Join-in-progress, addon loading on the fly,

Pixel shading and other graphical loveliness.

It would also be very cool to see an official version of CTI, with purpose designed MP maps. With JIP these would make very good missions, and present us Dedicated server hosts with a very enjoyable prospect.

If there IS going to be an expansion pack, then, HOORAY!!

If there's not, then Im sure we (the addon teams) can keep you all busy until OFP2!!.

TJ

Quote[/b] ]I would like to see a new official campaign, using new units and a new larger terrain.

You'll see it. In Spring 2005 tounge_o.gif .

Edit - BI is already working on OFP XBox and OFP2. I seriously doubt that there's another expansion pack in the works.

Gotta love how fast a rumor can take off. Especially when the starter of it has not provided any proof of anything really.

Save the speculation for later, I want fact's! biggrin_o.gif

Gotta love how fast a rumor can take off.  Especially when the starter of it has not provided any proof of anything really.

Save the speculation for later, I want fact's!  biggrin_o.gif

I have found a small amount of evidence suggesting he may be right; but I can't link to other forums under the given rules.  It is possibly a BIS-Aus project.  (I know IL is due after OFP2)

Edit- and they can't keep beta testing potential OFP2 code with the current engine.

I have found a small amount of evidence suggesting he may be right; but I can't link to other forums under the given rules.

You can quote them smile_o.gif

I bet Marek is laughing his ass off while reading this thread biggrin_o.gif

We all know how much BIS likes to play games with us tounge_o.gif

When summer comes we'll see if this is a hoax or not.

I think Pcgamer also heard some kind of rumour and think it's an expansion. Personally I think BIS and BIA are too busy working on OFP for X-box, OFP2 and VBS.

However, CM making a new campaign for Nogova is not unthinkable rock.gif

I bet Marek is laughing his ass off while reading this thread  biggrin_o.gif

Well he shouldnt cause it isnt all that funny, if he is punch him in the back of the head for torturing us and make him speal the beans mad_o.gif .

Patience is a virtue wink_o.gif

Now 4thQuarter, Rome: Total War, then we is talking! biggrin_o.gif

I bet Marek is laughing his ass off while reading this thread  biggrin_o.gif

Well he shouldnt cause it isnt all that funny, if he is punch him in the back of the head for torturing us and make him speal the beans mad_o.gif .

If Marek was infront of me I don't know what I'd do to him. I would probably start praying or something... There would definatley be feet kissing wink_o.gif

Heh,

for the record, I don't personally think this OFP1.5 stuff is a valid rumour. But it's nice to go along with these threads for entertainment. biggrin_o.gif

I've been away for quite a while, and the only thing that springs to mind is, that an OFP 1.5 would be the Final release of OFP utilizing the current game engine. Think a CD that was like GOTY, only that there will be no updates or patches needed. It's V 1.9x straight out of the box. The last of the 1.xx patches.

In my view, it will be the last hurrah for Flashpoint before OFP 2 comes on the shelves, and hopefully, with a few little extra goodies thrown in for good measure. smile_o.gif

I have found a small amount of evidence suggesting he may be right; but I can't link to other forums under the given rules.

You can quote them smile_o.gif

All right then, it was in a discussion about the release date of OFP2:

Quote[/b] ]

Seventh: "I wouldn't wait until 2005.... " (this was edited out 26 days later)

Muz Von Stoner: "By the time they get it out everyone would have forgotten Op Flash."

Seventh: "I doubt that..."

Tiger: "Listen to the man guys he knows :-)"

more conversation...

Phleep: "I know IL is due after OFP 2 but what was Seventh insinuating?"

Seventh: "insinuating? nothing at all...I was basically giving some advice on starting a fan site for OFP2..."

If this gets him into trouble please delete. He tried to save himself at the end after editing his original post.