Sign in to follow this  
swede

Rumour!

Is the rumour about a new expansion release in summer -04 true?

I´ve read its called Operation Flashpoint 1.5.......

Operation flashpoint 1.5 while 1.91 has been out for ages? rock.giftounge_o.gif

Is the rumour about a new expansion release in summer -04 true?

I dont think so, with X-box OPF and OPF2 and the latest beta patches i think BIS hands are full, unless its another CM stunt like Red Hammer crazy_o.gif , would be great to have another BIS expantion though. But many of us are already dreaming with OPF2.

probably OFP XBOX. it is said to be using 1.5 version of OFP engine.

either that or there was another talk about Independence Lost. however, last news i heard is that they are pushed back to sometime after OFP2.

Yeah, I saw it too in PC GAMER's look-ahead to 2004 issue...only a small little sentence that said, i think, Codemasters had announced Operation Flashpoint 1.5.

Odd...

Fingers crossed anyways  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]To tide you over till then, though, there'll be what Codemasters are calling Operation Flashpoint 1.5, which will hopefully include new campaigns, equipment and vehicles. Expect it by summer.

Source: PCGAMER Jan 2004

I cannot understand why they haven't done some expansions.

Look at Bf1942 they keep getting money from expansions .

For the record I haven't bought any expansions tho (bought my son a package)

If it was an expansion of interest I would tho,I like the original content of the game,I am not interested in Secret Weapons or Road to Rome ,maybe the Vietnam one coming.

I would buy a OFP Vietnam or WW2 Pacific expansion

Actually a modern (current wars) I wouldn't mind either

Need any help on an expansion,lmk

For the record I haven't bought any expansions tho (bought my son a package)

oh god no! you are going to ruin your kid! get him to OFP quick! wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I cannot understand why they haven't done some expansions.

Look at Bf1942 they keep getting money from expansions .

good point. i'd have bought OFP expansion if it were from BIS. however, i respect and love that BIS decided to forgo such commercial strategy, and rather work on improving the engine to higher level.

also, with O2 and Visitor, people are working on great mods like CSLA and FDF, not to mention ECP.

15 year old isnt interested in OFP for some odd reason,doesn't like some things ,doesn't have patience as he's a CS player

My 3 year old tho,you would not believe,he has already been playing OFP for a few years,can maneuver the game very well, he now has his own computer.

And where do you think he goes when he runs OFP,right to the mission editor,just like dad.

3 year old is also very interested in vehicles and I am about to install O2 on his machine too.He has some experience in O2 already.He also deleted my Wildcat model a bit ago.

Back to the topic,I enjoy the patches and support for sure,addons sorta came out slow for OFP, I wish I could have gotten a better jump on addon making (had no experience to get beta)

The addons are nice and can make what you want, you would think could keep the game alive for many more years (thinking about halflife's age)

I smell a plot:

OFP1.5 $45

OFP2 $45

;p

instead of

OFP2 $45

Meaning, if they did pull that off it *may* bring more profits. biggrin_o.gif

I cannot understand why they haven't done some expansions.

Maybe Bis don't believe in the "money for old rope" principle like a lot of other game "franchises" *cough*sims*cough*MOHAA*cough*BF1942*cough* wink_o.gif

*Note I could be being unduly harsh on any/all of the above as I haven't played all the various addons smile_o.gif

My 3 year old tho,you would not believe,he has already been playing OFP for a few years,can maneuver the game very well, he now has his own computer.

And where do you think he goes when he runs OFP,right to the mission editor,just like dad.

3 year old is also very interested in vehicles and I am about to install O2 on his machine too.He has some experience in O2 already.He also deleted my Wildcat model a bit ago.

Maybe you can get him to write some tutorials. A tute written by a 3yr old I could probably just about get my head `round!

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]To tide you over till then, though, there'll be what Codemasters are calling Operation Flashpoint 1.5, which will hopefully include new campaigns, equipment and vehicles. Expect it by summer.

Source: PCGAMER Jan 2004

Wich will hopefully... they dont have a clue, must be OPF for X-box. Lets face it, the game is 2+ years old and only a very small percentage of hardcore fanatics play it tounge_o.gif .

Would it be profitable rock.gif I for one would be a very happy fanatic... could it be IL?

Why have an expansion pack, just when all these great mods are beginning to be released? I don't see the point.

Unless BIS changes parts of the engine, there is not much sense in releasing an expansion pack. And I think they are saving ALL of the engine tweaks for OFP2.

Looks like it is going to be a pack with addons, island and a campaign. The thing that the many fantastic OFP mods can do much better than BIS sad_o.gif

The best thing about BIS releasing something is that it's official. Sure, a lot of the addon makers out there are doing amazing things with OFP that BIS hasn't been able to match, but when BIS releases something, it'll be unoversal to everybody. If BIS released the CSLA mod, we'd all be playing the CSLA mod. If the CSLA mod releases the CSLA mod, only people who want to download 200mbs or more will play it. Know what I mean? rock.gif

I for one would be a very happy fanatic... could it be IL?

Bottom right corner seems to say not smile_o.gif

splashsmall.jpg

Looks like it is going to be a pack with addons, island and a campaign. The thing that the many fantastic OFP mods can do much better than BIS sad_o.gif

Disagree here!

How many mods, addons and islands use reskined bis models, bis houses, bis trees, etc? If BIS would release another expantion with a new island containing even more new stuff it would be really great, not to mention some more oficial addons and a quality campaign. BIS material will always be very welcome. And keep in mind everything we got from resistance besides some addons, Nogova and a campaign wink_o.gif . Also there is only too major mods for OPF, and those took alot of time to be made, im not too sure we will see many complete full mods being released anytime soon.

Great another conspiracy biggrin_o.gif I hope its true though.

Weird. Why would they tell the press something but not us?

It would not be the first time.

It's probably just the XBox version of OFP. If they upgrade OFP much more they'll hit version 2.0 biggrin_o.gif .

guys dont hold your breath..... It would make business sense to release an expansion in the summer. but if ofp is supposed to be out in 2005 spring? beside guys many ppl stopped played the game. it is only a few of us who still does, so the user base to sell many copies is not there..... unless bis wants to be nice and give us the code improvement for ofp xbox to us pc users...

Anyways bis has to work hard to bring to us another GROUNDBRAKING game in 2005. as long as it is out then I wount cry

Quote[/b] ]it is only a few of us who still does

Are you calling me a diehard OFP editor tounge_o.gif ?

Lot of my friends are CS fans. Never heard of OFP. I fell alone sad_o.gif BIS or CM bring out to many expansions were going to Sims Towns. People will loose intrest and it will be a dusty history of peoples life sad_o.gif

Why would they make an expasions this close to OFP 2 11 mounths away.