Sign in to follow this  
Scud

Probably a dumb question but...

Probably a dumb question but...

what does 'cost=20000' in the cpp file

actually mean?

Ive heard it is how important the thing is to the AI....so a high cost unit will be targetted more by AI than a low cost one....eg, an officer is higher cost than a soldier.

Dunno how true that is.

My personal opinion is that it is the score you get from killing one.....and thus works the same as the explanation above, as the AI would then go for the highest score.....

But again, i dont know if thats the real explanation.

I dont see how that would work, repairs are unlimited crazy_o.gif

My first guess was wrong. I just did a bunch of testing with it and talked to a bunch of people about it. I did some testing anyhow where I get a bunch of tanks in one area. Now, each of the tanks have a cost value of 1000 except for me, I put mine at 5550. Now, even though I was in the middle of all the 30 tanks I bunched together with me, each time the enemy tanks decided to shoot me.....no matter what I tried, they would shoot me.

Actually it has to do with cfgvehicle area and it determines how much of a threat you are. Cost, this value determines how much of a threat you are to the AI over other units around you, ie setting cost to 1 will make you the least targeted, setting it to 999999 will make you the most targeted unit around

Yup...that's basically it. The higher the cost, the more the AI will want to kill the object....so long as it is on a an unfriendly side to them. Teamkill works differently.