Sign in to follow this  
nutmeg

Server set-up, configs useful tools etc?

Are there any server setup tools, admin mods of any type yet available for OFP?

Reason being is I'd like to set-up a public dedicated server and have it show up on gamespy or gamespy arcade.

I'd also like more detailed documentation on server variables. Like controlling time limits, team killers, and being able to respawn on co-op missions.

Is there a linux server going to be released?

What ports need to be opened up and forwarded for a server to run public?

Any advice or help would be appreciated, thanks.

Nutmeg

also how about server stats and turning the mic comms off alltogether is server wishes. also the #userlist command is helpful but can we get a way to view an entire list.......dump the list to a userlist.txt or something because on a server with alot of people you can only see the last 5 players that logged on with the #userlist command?confused.gif

I'm missing basic stuff like how the #### do I scroll up the console to read stuff you missed in chat? I'm sure there is a way but I've yet to find it.

Need minor things like how quake had. Hit "TAB" it showscores, player pings, packetloss, time on server etc. In counter strike you even see a little microphone icon that lets you know who is talking. I don't see anything similar to that in OFP.

The game is totally a step in the right direction in certaint aspects yet so far behind in others. I sure hope the player base supports it enough that the developers look into some minor issues here and there. I've been running a dedicated server on my lan and it seems to crash randomly often as well. It's still a little buggy but compared to other products that have been rushed it isn't so bad. You can tell some bright people designed this game and they can work out the needed issues I' m sure.

Well. Bis? Where are the answers.

I am a dedicated server administrator, and bloody he11 its a full time job.

I have people singing into the microphone and I can do nothing about it because I don't know who it is.

I have no way to monitor server performance except the #monitor command, which is so useless it is just not funny.

Please support the admins as the job is tough enough.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Feb. 27 2002,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have no way to monitor server performance except the #monitor command, which is so useless it is just not funny.<span id='postcolor'>

I find it giving rather nice and useful information about the server... Average load on the server (FPS) Memory used and network bandwidth used. What else do you need? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nutmeg @ Nov. 12 2001,20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><p>Need minor things like how quake had. Hit "TAB" it showscores, player pings, packetloss, time on server etc. In counter strike you even see a little microphone icon that lets you know who is talking. I don't see anything similar to that in OFP. <p><span id='postcolor'>

Hit 'i' and you get the current scores, hit 'p' and you get a list of all players with ping, bandwidth and desync... and RTFM tounge.gif