Sign in to follow this  
Pipski

Delaying with ~

I'm working on a mission and have d/l'd every tutorial I can get my paws on, scoured the FAQs on this and other sites and checked every forum I can think of but there's one very simple thing I can't find an answer to.

The tutorials have hinted that you can put a delay before a command is executed at a waypoint (or whatever) by using ~. I've tried using ~10 ~delay 10 and everything else I can think of but it always returns an error. None of the reference guides I've got include examples of its use or syntax. Can someone put me right?

Maybe with the Timeout Selector in the Waypoint Editor. Set Min, Mid, and Max to the time you want.

True (though what does Mid do? I never did quite understand). Trouble is I want to delay different things different times at one waypoint. It would be OK with triggers, as long as I set a new trigger for each action but with a waypoint? Unless I use timeout and then x=true and then make a bunch of triggers with x in the condition field ... but that seems a bit of a faff. I was thinking there might be a better way.

Cheers though, nice prompt answer!

When a waypoint is activated, you can make it execute a script. Then you can have as many timers as you want smile_o.gif .

Scripts eh? Hmmm. Well, I suppose I've got to get my hands dirty sometime ...

smile_o.gif