Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

Australia - world's largest island

Dec 27th..The entire islands of Australia and New Zealand and many remote islands were imported into WrpTool from geographical data.

aussieisland2.jpg

Work has  begun on texturing and object placement, highways around the two countries and city construction.

Its a 25km2 island and has the advantage that the center is mostly desert which will greatly reduce lag as fewer objects and basic textures, very smooth land area so easy on the CPU.

The surrounding country will be as detailed as we can make it but I am a mission designer, a server admin and I am making the island from those perspectives, the island will be made to be used in Multiplayer, that is it's only purpose so if it cannot run Multiplayer missions without lag it will be reworked until it does.

Oh and Happy New year  smile_o.gif

Yes his house is complete it's in the middle of the ocean about -50 elevation  biggrin_o.gif

The island is actually bloody big.. Any bigger would be too big for it to be useful. Sure I could make a 52km2 island but noone would be able to use it in any mission, so what would be the point? We cannot use Tonal on our server for this reason, while it is beautiful and a work of art it is unfit for MP.

Oh and my image was 9kb over 100... bring back the death penalty for such crimes I say  wink_o.gif

New Zealand is there in it's entirety however there is some terrain details to be altered. It decided to be an island of mountains so that will be adjusted.

NewZealand.jpg

aussieisland6.jpg

OH YEAH! Three cheers to Lt Damage! Now I can defend NZ from US attack!

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifunclesam.gifghostface.gifunclesam.gifghostface.gif

I don't live in Australia, but I want to move there, and meet Steve Erwin!

Damn good island, very good!

Anyone want to model a crocodile rock.gif

Are you going to make Major Fubar's house? biggrin_o.gif

Fubar live in Australia. I thought he was an American. crazy_o.gif

Learn new things everyday.

Add my house biggrin_o.gif . One in the hole.

I don't live in  Australia, but I want to move there, and meet Steve Erwin!  

Ummm, no, no you don't!

Quote[/b] ]Damn good island, very good!

Yeah, I live on it! Right about here:

Island.jpg

25km square crazy_o.gif . Yay, now it wll take less than 30 hours to drive from Perth to Sydney. More like, 15mins. tounge_o.gif

Is Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and East Timor on the map?

That'll be, capture the island x 1000. tounge_o.gif

If those in Australia can give me a town where they live and a description of what their house should be like I'll add it in.

The island is coming along nicely, Doc has finished Tasmania, he is now working on New Zealand.

I have completed texturing the beaches and most of the land mass. I am working on adjusting terrain and adding detail to the island.

The reason it is 25km2 is because sure 52km2 islands are possible (Tonal) but can you play MP on them with 30 people? No.

I would rather have an island that can be used in MP, besides its huge as it is smile_o.gif

Make sure you make a massion at the tip of Port Phillip Bay (Melbourne) cause that's the greatest city in the world litterally.

Not with your state governments nazi policy on speed cameras. tounge_o.gif

Three kays over the limit my ass. Australian Design Regulations stipulate that a +/- %10 inaccuracy of a cars speedo is acceptable. In a 60 zone in vic, you go just %5 over the limit and your screwed over, f**k having to live with that.

Well our road death toll was 54 people lower then last year and has been the lowest ever since road tolls were recorded since 1951.

PS. Lt Damage is the desert that small rock.gif

I don't live in Australia, but I want to move there, and meet Steve Erwin!

and shoot him with ma AK74

If those in Australia can give me a town where they live and a description of what their house should be like I'll add it in.

Adelaide: An east-west rectangled shaped city. With Two of every church modelled in game! With a few minor Skyscrapers, surrounded by a rectngled parkland which is surronded by homes.

When you get to the point where you think you've place enough homes for the Adelaide suburbs. Put a reasonably big, old house ( my house) north of the last suburban house near a road that goes north and keeps going towards Darwin, and a junction that heads North-East to sydney. (40km's north of adelaide IRL)

This junction is basically my town, called Gawler, but it's probably too close to Adelaide to matter about the name. Put a hotel on the mainstreet (mainstreet heading north-south) of this town, with some houses, eateries, a church, town hall (the resistance building with the clock will do and of course a war memorial. In the town should be trees, and between the northernmost suburbs of Adelaide and this town, should be farmland. The farmland should go north until you hit desert.

That's not too detailed I hope.   wink_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Adelaide: An east-west rectangled shaped city. With Two of every church modelled in game! With a few minor Skyscrapers, surrounded by a rectngled parkland which is surronded by homes.

When you get to the point where you think you've place enough homes for the Adelaide suburbs. Put a reasonably big, old house ( my house) north of the last suburban house near a road that goes north and keeps going towards Darwin, and a junction that heads North-East to sydney. (40km's north of adelaide IRL)

This junction is basically my town, called Gawler, but it's probably too close to Adelaide to matter about the name. Put a hotel on the mainstreet (heading north-south) of this town, with some houses, eateries, a church, and of course a war memorial. In the town should be trees, and between the northernmost suburbs of Adelaide and this town, should be farmland. The farmland should go north until you hit desert.

That's not too detailed I hope.   wink_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Will do.

Very nice idea! Dont think any one would want to make a UK island? I love to Invade my town of Barry (south wales) with a M1A1 and turn my single sex Comp. School into rubble. Singe sex school!? what where they thinking?! crazy_o.gif

Initial work on the streets of Melbourne.

/avon scratches australia off vacation ideas list

Borrows coin from Avon and does the same with the Emirates travel brouchore tounge_o.gif

Btw will there be a Ayers rock and local Aborgines like Tonal? Would be awesome for bandit sort a missions wink_o.gif

Initial work on the streets of Melbourne.

/avon scratches australia off vacation ideas list

Thanks for your support Avon... sad_o.gif

Anyway, work continues on Melbourne, the port and industrial district has been started. I am not going to recreate the entire city I only wish to achieve the "feel" of the locations and focus more on how these locations can be used in Multiplayer missions, a massive city is always good but unsuitable for MP.

aussieisland8.jpg

aussieisland9.jpg