Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Recently i was messing around reskinning the FDF mod MiG-21 Fishbed in "nogovan" colours. There were some replies to that that lead me to believe that there would be an interest in a Addon pack that featured nogovan airforce units.

I refined the roundel used (someone pointed out to me that the nigerians allready use it) to this

nogovanroundel.gif

Is there any interest in such a addon pack

? How do you people feel about the roundel? What kind of planes would you like to see incorporated ? smile_o.gif

[...] Addon pack that featured nogovan airforce units.[...]

Not only airforce units tounge_o.gif

I'd love Nogovan army - not a partisan FIA, but regular army.

Nogova has it's own police (thx to DMX) - it's time to give 'em troops smile_o.gif

[...] Addon pack that featured nogovan airforce units.[...]

Not only airforce units tounge_o.gif

I'd love Nogovan army - not a partisan FIA, but regular army.

Nogova has it's own police (thx to DMX) - it's time to give 'em troops  smile_o.gif

I was just talking about doing some aircraft wink_o.gif If someone how ever is willing to do the armor, weapons and soldiers to go with that then that is up to them. Any help i can give them i will smile_o.gif

I'm very interested, and most of the aircraft out there would be ideal for a Nogovan Air Force. I.E. All the soviet equiptment already available, Mig-21's, 23's, 27's up to 29's. As well as the venerable Su-25.

Mig 25's and 31's would be unecessary. And Su-27's, mayby a bit too modern for an Islands standards.

I suppose what aircraft/s are chosen depends on how big this air-force could theoretically be.

About the Roundel, I'll post my interpretation once I find the image I'm looking for.

I'm very interested, and most of the aircraft out there would be ideal for a Nogovan Air Force. I.E. All the soviet equiptment already available, Mig-21's, 23's, 27's up to 29's. As well as the venerable Su-25.

Mig 25's and 31's would be unecessary. And Su-27's, mayby a bit too modern for an Islands standards.

I suppose what aircraft/s are chosen depends on how big this air-force could theoretically be.

About the Roundel, I'll post my interpretation once I find the image I'm looking for.

Well nogovan being small and having no sign of other income then farming and some fishing i dont think they have high tax revenues. So i was thinking about the following tasks for the nogovan airforce:

- Air defence, MiG-21 maybe MiG-23. Anything newer then that would become very expensive

- Ground support/ attack, MiG-21 maybe MiG-27

- Maritime Patrol, No clue yet really, but being a island they should have something to do that with smile_o.gif

- Search and Rescue/transport, DC-3 and Mi-8

Since Nogova is not so big (and thus doesnt have much so cash to spend on defence forces) I'd say only lighter/smaller or older military jets smile_o.gif

altho best would probably be Ruskie jets, some of them old UK jets could be nice..

Several MiG-21s/MiG-23s and couple of MiG-29As might be realistic IMHO.

Maybe a Cessna CAS and other prop planes would be necessary too for such a small island. Should you also make a Mig-17? It is the epitemy of cheap airforces.

if you could make a cessna 337 skymaster with rocket and gun pods that would be good for cas and maratime

Well nogovan being small and having no sign of other income then farming and some fishing i dont think they have high tax revenues. So i was thinking about the following tasks for the nogovan airforce:

- Air defence, MiG-21 maybe MiG-23. Anything newer then that would become very expensive

- Ground support/ attack, MiG-21 maybe MiG-27

- Maritime Patrol, No clue yet really, but being a island they should have something to do that with  smile_o.gif

- Search and Rescue/transport, DC-3 and Mi-8

I like that, I like that alot.

The Ruskies had copies of the DC-3 right, the Li-2 or something?

Thats almost perfect actually, though the upcoming CSLA Transport craft would do the job as well.

Anyway, heres my small (shitty) version of the roundel, incorporating the lion and the (Forgot the name of it. Often laid at memorials.......slips my mind at this hour) wipped up in 5 minutes, it took me longer to find the flag I used for the lion and leaf thingie!

Roundel.jpg

Like, dislike?

If you can make a bigger version of my interpretation, by all means, go for it.

Anyway, heres my small (shitty) version of the roundel, incorporating the lion and the (Forgot the name of it. Often laid at memorials.......slips my mind at this hour) wipped up in 5 minutes, it took me longer to find the flag I used for the lion and leaf thingie!

wink_o.gif

Its also the "logo" that I'm using on the Nogovan Police force, so I think it would go really well on any form or AF/ADF.

[...]I was just talking about doing some aircraft wink_o.gif If someone how ever is willing to do the armor, weapons and soldiers to go with that then that is up to them. Any help i can give them i will smile_o.gif

I hope, that sb will hel you with the armour ant the rest. It's rather importand that aircrafts, tanks, cars + men had similar camo and signs.

Its a wreath wink_o.gif

Its also the "logo" that I'm using on the Nogovan Police force, so I think it would go really well on any form or AF/ADF.

Do you have a link to that pack? smile_o.gif Would be nice to check that out.

Anyhow i am in the process of contact several addon makers to ask them if we can use their units in this addon pack smile_o.gif keep the suggestions comming guys, its much appreciated smile_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Thats the one! biggrin_o.gif

I was thinkng leaf, that lead to reef, but that just didn't seem right. tounge_o.gif

I know the 'logo' is on your policie units, and it looks great! (edit: It was inspirational wink_o.gif ) I flogged Ralph's sig flag, tore it up, and tried not very hard to make it look pretty, the wreath did all the pretty part!

I know the 'logo' is on your policie units, and it looks great! I flogged Ralph's sig flag, tore it up, and tried not very hard to make it look pretty, the wreath did all the pretty part!

What do you think I did tounge_o.gif

A while back there was a thread with all the different designs of Nogovan flag/roundel, and that one won hands down. So maybe a good idea to go with the popular one eh wink_o.gif

do the other original islands belong to nogova  ?

like an argipelo(?) republic?

they would have to have a small flexible militaire

a small force of marines and airborne troops

and a conscript army

a brown water navy

an airforce with some mig 29's,but mostly mig 21's

and some transport planes and choppers(all soviet)

do the other original islands belong to nogova  ?

like an argiplo(?) republic?

Well supposedly they are an island group/chain. So yes they would be near nogova smile_o.gif

Looks good for the roundel. (I like mine better though)

Here's why, being as arty and abstract as I can possibly be.

The Wreath represents freedom or champions. (Think Formula 1 race winner podium. The wreath surrounds the champion, the champion is the Nogovan lion (or dragon or whatever)

The extra ring around it, too me, represents a restriction on the dragon, and of repression on the people it represents. I don't think Nogova's like that (The grass is too green and the buildings, too well maintained)

I was kinda basing my roundel on the worlds most powerful Air Force roundel.

usaf_roundel.gif

They say that Americans are all about freedom, perhaps in the USAF roundel, this is represented by it's outreachingness, is the Nogavan Air-Force about freedom.

Did that make any sense at all, or was I being too abstract about it?

Anyways, what you put on as your roundel is completly up to you, it's gonna be your hard work, not mine! tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

The Wreath represents freedom or champions. (Think Formula 1 race winner podium. The wreath surrounds the champion, the champion is the Nogovan lion (or dragon or whatever)

The extra ring around it, too me, represents a restriction on the dragon, and of repression on the people it represents. I don't think Nogova's like that (The grass is too green and the buildings, too well maintained)

usaf_roundel.gif

They say that Americans are all about freedom, perhaps in the USAF roundel, this is represented by it's outreachingness, is the Nogavan Air-Force about freedom.

Anyways, what you put on as your roundel is completly up to you, it's gonna be your hard work, not mine! tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

its a griffon i think

a mythelogical(?) mix between a lion and a bird of prey

[ig]http://my.voyager.net/~vinsond/usaf_roundel.gif[/img]

Though the US Airforce idea is nice i would like to have it as neutral as possible. Not west nor east smile_o.gif

Could I beg you to submit your final version of the roundel to Footmunch? He's the keeper of a really cool roundel pack for all his aircraft, letting you switch national markings. It would allow us players to hook up one of his MiG-17s, -23s or -27s with Nogovan markings. smile_o.gif

Could I beg you to submit your final version of the roundel to Footmunch? He's the keeper of a really cool roundel pack for all his aircraft, letting you switch national markings. It would allow us players to hook up one of his MiG-17s, -23s or -27s with Nogovan markings. smile_o.gif

I think the last one i posted is going to be pretty much final smile_o.gif if anyone wants to include that in a roundel pack they should feel free to do so smile_o.gif

With the roundel sorted then, what about the colour/camo scheme. I'd really like to see pics of the Mig-21 you retextured, if it's possible to post. smile_o.gif