Sign in to follow this  
Pipski

Ofp: cwc v1.0.0.1 - ctd on mission complete

Hi all.  First off, thanks to Hellfish6 for sorting out my registration!

Secondly, I've got a big problem with OFP.  I'm running Cold War Crisis v1.0 which I bought when it first came out.  For various reasons too boring to go into I'm not in a position to patch it up to 1.46 right now but I should have a copy of the GOTY edition within a few weeks anyway smile_o.gif .  

The problem is new.  I've been putting together a mission in the editor recently but the game has just started crashing to desktop at the end of missions.  This happens in campaign or single missions.  When I true to load up my editor mission the game crashes immediately.  My campaign is now stalled because it doesn't record the fact you completed the mission before you crashed.  

From what I've heard this is not too uncommon a bug.  Have looked it up on Avonladys site and heard that other people have fixed it - bizarrely - by uninstalling and/or reinstalling CloneCD.  This hasn't worked for me.  It did occur that the onset of the problem roughly coincided with me burning some unrelated data files to CD so I guess it could be linked to something Windows uses to write CDs (I used the built-in WinXP drag & drop writing facility).  Uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't fix it, defragging the hard disk hasn't helped, increasing the amount of paging memory to a gig hasn't helped.  Moving my User folder out of the OpFlash directory didn't work, nor did setting up a new User.

Can anyone think of anything else that might fix it?  I'm stumped!  I could really use a fix for this as it would be very handy if I could finish my mission in the next week or so.  Plus, it's really bugging me that I can't mend it!  It must be a problem outside of OFP entirely or at least in the files that aren't deleted by an uninstall.  Could it be .dlls?  Something arcane like that?  Any suggestions very welcome and very much appreciated!

PS - I have hunted through the FAQs and forums here, at Avondlady's and at ofpec with no joy so far.

if you have winxp try to install sp1 from windows update site

also install DX9 close ANTivairous prog set install the latest hardware update fore youre vidcard. windows update wink_o.gif

Have already turned off antivirus software as PC is not online anyway. Have DX9 already. Do not have SP1 but will make a point of procuring it asap. Oh, and Nvidia drivers are all bang up to date already too. Any particular reason for the SP tip? I can get it, but it's a bit of a pain tbh.