Sign in to follow this  
help

Background + normal textures

Iv'e searched on the forums, to try and solve my problem, which is : i press 'A' and then draw a box, then i clik RMB and select 'load texture', i load a .paa file and when i clik 'OK' the screen quiky flikers and nothing happens, i press 'b' and still nothing

I dont know how to fix it sad_o.gif

and also when i add a new driver/gunner etc proxy, and i load up bulldozer, it says that its unable to open data3d\name.p3d.

Cheers

HELP

Check you options in o2.I have my .dll folder pointing to where i have o2lite not the Buldozer viewer.,If that doesnt.HelpThan I dont know.As for the proxies,I would Either unpbo your data3d.pbo an data.pbo and place the folders in your Buldozer viewer floder,or grab the 0.36 flashpoint demo,and use its data3d an data pbos,that way you will have use for them extra .p3ds and textures.

my dll folder is pointing to the o2_light folder already, and where would i find the 0.36 demo?

Cheers

HELP

1. prob:

Select the part you want to texture, press E and insert the texture path in the field below, press OK

With STRG+T the texture library is shown (leave it open all the time), after attaching the texture to the selection the texture path appears in the menu, if you now press A and double click the texture in the menu, you'll see it

2. prob:

Download the demo models: Demo Models

and insert them into your Data3D folder

be sure your buldozer files aren't in any subdirectory, are you using the substr trick? (Z:\ instead of C:\OperationFlashpoint\Buldozer ...)

wink_o.gif

the pathe for the bulldozer exe in o2 is : C:\1_EditingFlashpoint\TOOL\o2_viewer\buldozer.exe -noland -dx

and my .p3d's are in : C:\1_EditingFlashpoint\TOOL\o2_viewer\data3D

i selected the face, pressed 'e', applied the texture, pressed 'a' and double clicked on the .paa file, and nothing happened, also buldozer won't open when ive done this sad_o.gif all sooo confusing mad_o.gif

Well,Select what faces you want to texture press "A" Drag the box over it and "Right-Click and select "Load Texture".Get the texture how you want it and Hit the "B" key.It should have textures what you wanted textured.

when i dothat, it says "no texture loaded"

Oh well the problem is: your buldozer file aren't in a base directory (e.g. Z:\)

To do this do following:

Open your "Start" folder (right click on start and open)

Then double click "Programs" and "Autostart"

In this folder create a new text file.

Write in it: SUBST Z: C:\1_EditingFlashpoint\TOOL\o2_viewer

Close and rename to "OFPDir.bat". This file creates a new base directory with your buldozer stuff every start-up, if you double click it now you'll see that a new drive appears (Z:)

That works like a link to the other directory (C:\...)

If you now start O2 select for your texture: Z:\MyProject\MyTexture.pac and it should work

Hope you'll get it, if not just ask wink_o.gif

i go to the programs folder, but i cant find autostart, this is all i get :

Accessories

BHD-LeaveNoOne

Chris's OFP Script Editor

Codemasters

dBpowerAMP Music Converter

GameSpy Arcade

IWF - Internet Safety Presentation

Raven Software

Return to Castle Wolfenstien - GOTY

Shortcut to Sierra

Start up

Westwood

WinRAR

Internet explorer

outlook express

remote assistance

windows media player

windows messenger

I think he actually meant 'StartUp' not 'AutoStart'.

Planck

now ive done that, every time i turnmy computer on, that text file opens up. And concerning bulldozer and o2, it still say no texture loaded, and bullozer crashes when i try to open it.

Not sure what the problem is here..........have you tried putting the textures you are using in the project folder you have your p3d model in.

Below I have detailing the steps I took to get Oxygen and Buldozer working on my machine.

Maybe it will help you........it works fine here though.

HOW TO GET OXYGEN AND BULDOZER INSTALLED AND RUNNING

I will explain all the steps I took to get it up and running.

Reguirements:

o2light.zip.......Oxygen.

o2_viewer.zip.....Buldozer (This is the later version that does not require the OFP CD to be in the drive)

Once all is done you can fire up Objektiv2Light.exe.

Don't fret if it cant find buldozer, you still need to tell it where it is.

Once O2 is running, go to File Menu.......Options.

The Config Dialog will appear.

The first item in this dialog is External Viewer...select this and you can enter the path to buldozer in the text gadget at the bottom of the dialog, remember to include the -noland -dx etc.

For instance, if buldozer is in D:\Editing Tools\Oxygen, then its path is D:\Tools\Oxygen, so you would enter:

D:\Tools\Oxygen\buldozer.exe -window -noland -dx

The next item is DLL Folder.

Using the same example path, you would enter:

D:\Tools\Oxygen\

Next item is Texture name prefix.

This would read:

data\

It tells buldozer where to look for the textures.

Most of the rest of the dialog entries are ON/OFF switches.

Of these, the ones I have switched ON are:

Allow non-linear mapping

View background LOD

Start in four views

View normals

Fast Textures

Autoconvert GIF & TGA textures

The Translate step, Rotate step and Scale step entries define how large or small the steps are for each of these functions.

Background Color enables you to change the colour of the background from white to whatever you desire.

Texture render memory allows you to specify the amount of memory used. (I have a measly 200Kb selected)

Once you have finished with the Config Dialog, press the OK button to close it and then Exit from O2.

Restart O2 and it should find buldozer, provided you entered the path correctly.

__

Another thing is the data and LandText folders in your O2 folder.

If you Unpbo the OFP data.pbo and also the LandText.pbo, and replace the folders in your O2 folder with these, you will have a lot more textures to play with.

However, the data3d contents are MLOD models and you can't really replace these with the unpbo'd data3d.pbo (ODOL models) from the game installation.

You can however get a full set of MLOD models that came with the OFP Demo and use these instead.

The data3d folder you got with buldozer contains 79 models.

My data3d contains 367 models because I replaced them with the Demo models.

Planck