Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Silent night, deadly night - redux!!!

Hi All,

I have Lucas-ized my classic mission "Silent Night, Deadly Night"

The objectives are basically still the same but the mission will play out a little different now. It now takes place on Winter Nogojev and will use the following addons:

BIS_Resistance

Kegetys Winter Nogojev

Select This - KLR250 Motorcycle

Airwolf - Ski-Doom Sled

TJP MH-60G Pavehawk (snow camo)

You can grab the mission here:

Silent Night, Deadly Night - REDUX!!!

Enjoy unclesam.gif

I believe the old SelectThis motorcycle may cause problems and could conflict with anyone having BAS D&Rs installed. The KLR from BAS replaces SelectThis' old one, AFAIK.

I have them both installed and never had any problems, plus i am using the BAS D&R so thats not going to cause a problem.

I figure its easier to use this one rather than make people get the whole BAS pack.

I have them both installed and never had any problems, plus i am using the BAS D&R so thats not going to cause a problem.

Read through this thread.

Ok, but as i already said, i have not had any problems and i have both versions installed and the BAS D&R.

I do not get any error messages, so i cant see why its a problem with using it.

Also, the guys i had testing the mission also have all the stated addons and never got any type of error message.

Hi Winters,

Do you have any other link for Select This and Airwolf addons?

I have problems with gamezone download...

Cheers

AliMag

EDIT

Never mind. I've found them

Im glad it had a happy ending wink_o.gif

Let me know what you think of the new version smile_o.gif

I believe the old SelectThis motorcycle may cause problems and could conflict with anyone having BAS D&Rs installed. The KLR from BAS replaces SelectThis' old one, AFAIK.

I have both on my server and never had any problems, at least after i fixed the klr to contain the correct addon dependencis. Same goes for the ts_skidoo, it's dependencies are broken too (although i don't have that on the server anymore).

The problems mentioned in the other thread do not come from both klrs conflicting with each other but from the original klr having missing addon dependencies...

Winters, overall I liked the mission. I found the final objective too hard, but I do play at Veteran with super AI. wink_o.gif Just how many enemies are there up there? I finally completed it by taking the BRDM to the top of the mountain and running over the General's tent!

My only other complaint is that because of the night setting I had to look at the the pretty winter landscape through night vision much of the time.

Derek

ummmm, yeah i think thats it. Govnor has 2 squads up there with him.

ummmm, yeah i think thats it.

To be fair Winters, the briefing only says kill the general.

Derek

Well it's been awhile since i made it and i may have put 2 endmission triggers, one for the general himself and another that covers the mountaintop area for the rest. But i may have removed the one for the general since it caused a problem with getting killed during the in-game outro.

Edit: this is my One Thousandth Spa....errr i mean Post, yeah thats it

plz dont punish me for bumping this thread..

Theres a simple reason for it: ArmA + CWR

I´d appreciate any mirror to this, or any other of Winter´s missions.

His page has gone down and ofp.info isn´t of help either. I really don´t wanna to go through a bunch of backup cd´s (not dvd´s ! ) right now, or in the immediate future to get hold of the mission files .. although i really long for playing ´em again .. me lazy confused_o.gif

help.gif

This dosen't apper to be the redux version, it's all I can find at the momnet. Like you Mr. Burns I'd have to dig into the archives.

SilentNight 1.1