Sign in to follow this  
chard

Using visitor to make missions in ofp

Hi.  Is there a was to use Visitor to create and place objects for OFP missions (like CTF and DM).  The visual interface, being able to move things around in relation to each other is great, but the OFP mission editor is rather clumsy (but still good).   Is there a way to extract important info regarding object type, position and orientation that could be used in a mission.sqm?

I've opened Visitor's .pew file, abd have found objects I've named, but the code associated with that object is baffling.

Alternatively, is there a way to interface bulldozer with OFP's mission editor?

Tough questions unless the answer is no.  Hopefully OFP2's mission editor will have a Bulldozer interface.  Seems reasonable.

Thanks

Chard

I think the answer is no since Buldozer, while it uses same graphic engine as OFP does, is a completely different program.

There is one closest solution which is to

1) make a wrp.

2) make a script which extracts Carthesian coordinate and the azimuth for all objects in the island and outputs it in sqm-compatible form

3) Copy and paste whatever output it may be

OR

a) make a wrp

b) if you are a fine C/C++ programmer (or Java ...or Python... you name it), you can make a program that extracts position and azimuth of all objects in a wrp file (I believe OFPEC had a file spec for Wrp file.)

But, since making (2) script will be pain in the A_S and making a wrp file by itself (with all the cpp, correct folder structure, etc) is kindda cumbersome, I suggest that you make a script where you can:

1) Camcreate an object

2) Move its position precisely

3) Modify angle precisely

4) output each object's coordiate onto a text box

exempli gratias.