Sign in to follow this  

Would you want these kind of weapon addons?

Hi everybody, I just released my first addon beta and I'm feeling very productive.

I would love to make some of the more rare weapons that are of limited effectiveness and/or slow to shoot, or by some other means not top of the grade.

That's why it would be interesting to hear what you think about these addon ideas, or, would you care about addons that aren't as combat-efficient as the best modern combat rifles.

-Small pocket pistols/revolvers in .22LR-.380 AUTO. Very ineffective, short range, reloading takes ages on oldest revolvers. Might be a use in some kind of an agent missions?

-Very old black powder rifles, maybe even flintlocks. Reasonably effective, long range on some, reloading would take 20-40 seconds with flintlocks. Perhaps a somekind of civil-war like campaign could use these?

-Modern sporting rifles/pistols. Very accurate, limited magazine capacity and .22LR very ineffective.

How about a Martini-Henry Rifle

http://www.martinihenry.com/

I can almost hear Stanley Baker shouting "Front rank FIRE! Rear rank FIRE!" smile_o.gif

I actually seen someone carrying one in Afghanistan on a BBC documentary about the Taliban just before the invasion. Presumably it was picked up off a battlefield during the Afghan campain of 1878-1880, god knows where they get ammo for it from though.

I personally dont care to much for weapons like that.I think there a tad to stone age for me.But i dont speak for everyone.

I personally dont care to much for weapons like that.I think there a tad to stone age for me.But i dont speak for everyone.

What he said...

I like the idea of "sporting" rifles, stuff like the civvie HKs (SL9 etc.) and bolt-action hunting rifles. Arming Resistance troops with civillian gear can lead to some interesting firefights smile_o.gif

i think there is a mod that deals with Napoleonic war. but don't know where there website is......maybe you can have black powder rifle there?

As far as the Napoleonic mod goes, it has rifles from balck powder era, but they don't have the smoke coming out from the muzzle.

The point here would be a script that makes a cloud of smoke to pour out of the muzzle after every shot, after all, IMHO that's what makes it feel black powder. A different story might be game performance with tens or hundred smoke clouds.

If someone is willing to do such a script, or could help me out with one, I would be more than happy to make such rifle.

In the Soviet-Afghan conflict 1979-1989 the Afghans started the war with old basic weapons, from 18 hundreds weapons to WWII weapons, etc.

It would be interesting for under developed countrys gerrillas.

I would allso like sport weapons. I got a mod folder where I have a lot of civilian vehicles and things, and fire arms competitons could be a distraction and a change from war gaming, just wonder, what I would use as a target? rock.gif

If you add the proper recoils and sights combinations it could be rader nice.