Sign in to follow this  

Textures not showing up in-game

I have O2 and Buldozer installed as Brsseb's tutorial points out. Textures are showing ok in Buldozer, but in-game it's a white object, a rifle in this case. It can be fired and edited via config.cpp all that's not ok is that textures added on O2 are not showing up.

please write exactly which paths you use for the textures in o2,

they have to be the name of your pbo (without ".pbo") followed by "\mytexture.pac"

I'm not sure that I got exactly what you mean. Here are my paths and file names:

O2->File->Options->DLL folder=c:\ofpedit\O2

c:\ofpedit\O2   <- O2 program files

c:\ofpedit\nitro  <- all textures, config.cpp and 3D model

c:\ofpedit\nitro\ne.p3d  <- model

I applied textures in O2 by using 'A' and 'B' keys, there are several .gif and .pac pictures in c:\ofpedit\nitro and I can't remember which file was used on which parts of the weapon.

Problem perhaps is that texture files have wrong names? I just named them something, I thought PBOTool would do the necessary operations when compressing the .pbo

Eagle:

If you've used GIF's to texture the model, then O2 will

have converted them to PAC's automatically. You can delete

all the GIF files from the nitro directory (or move them

somewhere else to keep a back-up).

You've done the 'subst' trick as well, yes?

To see what textures are being used, hit Alt-T in O2. This

brings up the tex window. All the textures used should be

something like "\nitro\texname.paa" (without the quotes).

If you hold down Ctrl, and double click on a texture in the list,

you can select all the polygons that use that texture. You

can then close the texture list (or right click on O2), hit E,

and change the tex file used at the bottom of the dialog box

to the 'correct' texture file.

I guess I haven't done that 'subst' trick, as I don't recall reading about it in the tutorials. So what's that trick anyway?

I made the crate-tutorial from Brsseb's page and textures of that crate DO show in-game. So my O2 is working, it's just something I'm missing with my own addon.

About the texture paths, I checked what you wrote about them, and yes, every textures has paths OK, ie. "nitro\texturename.pac". I use .pac for weapon textures and .paa files for muzzle flash.

It feels pretty much stupid to be not able to see my own textures. I guess it's hard to explain everything by writing, I could of course send that .p3d&textures via e-mail if someone cares enough to have a quick look

Are you sure all your visual LODs are textured? Can't just texture the first lod.

And you can't just change the name of the addon directory without changing all the texture paths

I'm not saying you did,just checking.

And theres a chance that you made your view lod objects larger than your addon and blocking the viewing of your addon

The 'subst' trick is to fool Buldozer into thinking it's off

the root dir - I had to do this in order to get textures

working, but I'm not sure if it's necessary anymore.

Anyway, if you've got a directory called "c:\opfedit", with

all the exe's and addons at and below that dir, then you

need to create a batch file ("adddrive.bat") that says:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">subst c:/opfedit p:/

This creates a new 'drive' named P. Note that you should

also update shortcuts to O2 that reflect this change. Also,

you can make a shortcut to this batch file and put the

shortcut into Startup, so that the p drive gets created on

boot.

As I said, if Buldozer is working, then you should be okay.

What are you using to create the PBO?

Thanks to you about helping me. textures are working ok now, as O must have had wrong paths in O2. I can't remember exactly becoz I tried lot's of different fixes. But my first add-on is that much more close being ready smile_o.gif Thanks again.

Yes it was prolly what Footmunch said, I don't remember if it can have extra paths as mine is right off my d: drive.

doh...same trouble here, I wish the exact cause was found.

How many LOD's MUST you have for an object, and which ones need texturing?

I have the 0.00 LOD, geometry LOD with weight, and land contact LOD...only my 0.00 LOD is textured.

Is there a view LOD that is mandatory for seeing it from the outside and does that one need texturing?

thanks for the noob help. Brsseb is getting me this far... :-)

I really tweaked with my paths to try every possible combination and that doesn't seem to be it.

I keep thinking it's a LOD I need to texture or maybe I need another LOD just for distances involved...it's a huge aircraft carrier, floating nicely in the bay with its gleaming white paintjob... :-)

It also blinks out when I'm very close in a chopper, but it doesn't blink out when I'm parachuting out of the chopper over it.