Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Bipod down or up??

Just wondering if you guys would prefer the bipod on your Machine guns up or down. Me personally its down but want to see what the community says about it trying to make what the community wants.

Im not sure... I hadnt really thought about that all I had thought about was an action in the action menu and I know that wont work. Does anyone know if Corporal_Punishment's idea will work?

from experience unless in urban combat the bipod is always down because it takes time to get in down

i voted down, because we allways see bipods up in current ofp weaponry

I perrsonally voted ddown because it's more natural that way, but the bipod is up on Earl's RPK-74 which makes it special in my opinon.

By the way, hidden selections wont work on weapons.

and why not trying to do the same as INQ M24? instead of getting the weapon with camo, the weapon has the bipod down

Make it scriptable like goggles smile_o.gif

Player decide then (and made sure it affect accuracy)

No please dont kill me smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

Yea, thought of that too, make two models, and via a action in the action menu (Like "Bipod Up"/"Bipod Down"), the model changes, just like the INQ M24...

Btw. Does it change the model, or the entire weapon?

Btw. Does it change the model, or the entire weapon?

I´m not sure, but the script is called "change weapon" .. i´d say it changes the entire weapon.

I´ll ask theCounter about that if the info is urgently needed.

btw: i´d love to see more weapons use that script..it gives some sweet possibilities like mountable scopes, detachable bipod´s etc...

Perhaps you could make two different units one with an MG bipod up and the other down that would make things simple-ish but kinda annoying

It change the entire weapon.

If you put the camo on, on InQuisitor's M24, you have to reload mag after the action, because is changing the weapon but not the magazine.

I would like to see that done with the bipod aswell, and probably somebody comes with an update on the script that makes the weapon to reload with the same magazine that was left from the other one.

It was another weapon addon that was using a red dot sight and a scope, you change views throught the menu, and you would have a full mag everytime you change the sight system until you cach up with the used magazines, but I didn't liked the idea because you get a bit lost on how many bullets are left on the magazines. You may reload you last mag to find that is only 2 rounds left in it.

Okay i think we are going to go with bipod being down since 80% of people want it that way. I thought you guys would but wasn't too sure.

It change the entire weapon.

If you put the camo on, on InQuisitor's M24, you have to reload mag after the action, because is changing the weapon but not the magazine.

I would like to see that done with the bipod aswell, and probably somebody comes with an update on the script that makes the weapon to reload with the same magazine that was left from the other one.

It was another weapon addon that was using a red dot sight and a scope, you change views throught the menu, and you would have a full mag everytime you change the sight system until you cach up with the used magazines, but I didn't liked the idea because you get a bit lost on how many bullets are left on the magazines. You may reload you last mag to find that is only 2 rounds left in it.

do you still have this weapon?

STGN

Yes, but I never use it. I uninstalled two days after release.

The addon name "Ruger Mini 14 Custom" by Acecube.

Nice weapon and concept.

Is for the resistance side.

Bipod my friend needs to be down. Though, it would be cool, if oyu made a script so that you can activate it, make it go down or up, and if its down then less recoil, if you're laying down, and if bipod is up then alot more recoil biggrin_o.gif

Bipod my friend needs to be down.  Though, it would be cool, if oyu made a script so that you can activate it, make it go down or up, and if its down then less recoil, if you're laying down, and if bipod is up then alot more recoil  biggrin_o.gif

i don't think the recoile alters much the bipod just helps you stabilice the weapon to make it more contoleable.

STGN

Bipod my friend needs to be down.  Though, it would be cool, if oyu made a script so that you can activate it, make it go down or up, and if its down then less recoil, if you're laying down, and if bipod is up then alot more recoil  biggrin_o.gif

i don't think the recoile alters much the bipod just helps you stabilice the weapon to make it more contoleable.

STGN

Isn't that the same thing?

i could be wrong but scripting an up and down bipod would require the movement of proxy reletive to the objects location (the bullet birth place, dunno its z* name),which cant be done, the only way u can do it is not moving the proxy, but u'd have the bullets coming out of the same place.

you could do this: make both, up and down bipod mg's, make a script thats built in so when the gunner does an action, it takes the gunner out, removes the standing one and creates a small one in same positon and puts the unit in as driver. maybe?

-ZiRo