Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Severe lag...

After playing a mission for more that 20 minutes, my computer starts stuttering very badly. I have tries the mission on different islands, and it still starts at the same time. The game becomes totally unplayable. I reduced the number of units involved... no difference.

System spec as follows

AMD 2500 P4

512 ddram

Winfast A280 LE TDH 8x AGP 128mb video card.

Windows XP.

Maybe after running an application for a while, windows starts doing its own thing underneath. I am new to XP so I dont know it inside out.

Any idea's?

What about other games? Do you experience performance loss playing other games too rock.gif I have no idea of what your prob could be but maybe it would be helpfull to know it it is OPF specific or not smile_o.gif .

I dont have any other games!! Who needs them when you got OFPR...

I am sure it is an AMD processor. How do i find out if it is VIA? what does it mean and what difference will it make?

Took another browse thru your site AVON, but didnt find anything I thought relevant to this...

Thanks guys

Oh yeah, am just using the soundcard on the motherboard... Do you think a real one is worth it?

Aww its driving me insane! I only notice it on OFP. Does anybody know how to get XP to shut up and do nothing while you are running an application?

Oh yeah, am just using the soundcard on the motherboard... Do you think a real one is worth it?

There's another thread about onboard sound chips. Before you give up and get yourself a proper audio card, make sure you have the latest update for your motherboard's BIOS program and for your onboard audio chip.

Check your PC's documentation for mention of a VIA chipset. If you have one, search The FAQ for "via".

You can also search The FAQ for words like "stutter", "lag", "delay" and "performance" but first attend to your MB, BIOS and audio chip.