Sign in to follow this  
Baron von Beer

Please help! abit nf7-s sound issue

I recently helped my brother build a new comp. Used the Abit NF7-s motherboard (soundstorm). In Flashpoint, when hardware sound is on, it seems like the sounds are being played in "fast forward". You can hear bits, but it skips chunks of the sounds. The parts it plays sound fine though. (all the posts I found in a search indicated crackling, hissing, static, etc... nothing like that happening here)

I noticed when I installed winamp, it did the same thing when playing songs, but their was an option within regarding direct sound, which fixed it their. So, in every other app I tried, it apparently works fine. Only flashpoint so far is having troubles.

Currently using latest N-force driver (believe it is build 2.45, the sound element is V 3.37 (IIRC) Can't double check till I talk to him later today.

MANY THANKS for any help to get this solved!! (Yes I realize with hardware sound off, it works fine, but this is not a solution, in my eyes. It is merely avoiding the issue. (at a lesser quality too)