Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

War against terror

I just read in Janes that the Japanese have pulled their fuel ships out of the war on terror and that the Portugese have reduced their numbers in Afghanistan to 19 personnel and 1 C-130. It also said that the South Koreans are also reducing the number of troops they have in Iraq at the moment.

The Japanese government was able to ram through legislation reauthorizing the mission.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008....f=world

My opinion is this: the war on terror is merely a prelude to world war 3. Even by the amount of countries involved and the opposing sides it could be considered a "world war".

I just read in Janes that the Japanese have pulled their fuel ships out of the war on terror and that the Portugese have reduced their numbers in Afghanistan to 19 personnel and 1 C-130. It also said that the South Koreans are also reducing the number of troops they have in Iraq at the moment.

The Japanese government was able to ram through legislation reauthorizing the mission.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008....f=world

Thanks for the link. The issue of Janes that I read was from Dec. 2007.

What does that have to do with the war against terror?

In the UK there is a series called 'Ross Kemp in Afghanistan' being aired on SKY 1 at the moment. Ross Kemp is an actor in the UK and in the past few years he did some documentaries on gangs across the world called 'Ross Kemp on Gangs.'

Basically he is in Afghanistan with the 1st Royal Anglians during their tour in Helmand.

Here is the first episode.

Ep.1 Part 1

Rest of the 1st one and the second one can be found here.

Keep an eye on that page for the rest. They are aired on a Monday evening UK time.

Now i sincerely doubt that this will lead to WW3, since in a war there are two sides and here you see the firepower wielding western armies bomb the crap out of terrorists, terrorists who were going to school in a suspicious manner or were celebrating their wedding a bit loudly or a terrorist who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sorry, i think i meant civilians... Anyways, that is not war.