Sign in to follow this  
New

Please download my first mission pack

Hello, I am new to the Flashpoint editing community, and I have just been fooling around with the editor. My missions are not extensive, do not have briefings, camera stuff, or even endings, but I assure you that they are fun and challenging. Please download my mission pack (which contains three missions), at:

<a href="http://www.uprising.0catch.com

Enjoy!" target="_blank">http://www.uprising.0catch.com

Enjoy!</a>

I spent hours making and play-testing these. Please download the pack.

I'm sure anybody can make missions without briefings and cinamatics.

I will skip yours.

You don't really need intros, outros, or cutscenes. But the briefing is THE essential part of a mission for me (except of course the actual mission). And you also need endings and debriefings. These things are easy to do. Well, while I'm here I may as well do some shameless promotion of my missions that I made that are COMPLETE and available for download at my website.

Personally, I can do without intros and outros when it isn't a campaign mission, where you need to set the scene.

A briefing is crucial though so that people who play the mission for the first time know what is going on.

They are complete. I like to call them "open ended". someone please download and try! its my first attempt and i want to see if i got the basic mission design down. I can honestly say my missions are better then any I have downloaded so far, as far as content, fun, and challenge.

the briefings are found at my website.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from New on 12:17 am on Dec. 15, 2001

the briefings are found at my website.<span id='postcolor'>

Try this tool, it will help you add a briefing to your missions:

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/Files/ofpmav120.zip

Come on give the guy a break ...... Try his missions. Werent we all new to this one time?. Mb u could actually help someone for a change instead of flaming.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from supah on 11:33 am on Dec. 14, 2001

Come on give the guy a break ...... Try his missions. Werent we all new to this one time?. Mb u could actually help someone for a change instead of flaming.<span id='postcolor'>

I hope you weren't talking about me, I wasn't trying to flame him. Anyways, if you really need help, go to the mission editing forum. People there are for the most part glad to help and will usually help you solve your problems. For me, the best way to learn how to do briefings were by downloading the sample briefing from the editing section of this site and then just using notepad to substitute information in where needed.

I dont need any help. I need someone to play the missions.

Feedback. Just some basic stuff...

Tour Everon - Well... I don't think that one counts. Skip to next one.

Airfield Assault - Okay, let's forget the lack of briefing... I just headed in the direction I was facing.

The attack at the gate... you need to set it up so you and your allies attack at the same time. I was running to the action and it was over before I got there. I only had to take out a few enemy soldiers and that was it.

Setting up a base is important. I didn't feel like I was inside an enemy airfield. Looking through the binoculars I found the enemy units basically packed inside a small area... just standing there. Having them patrol would have made it more realistic. Then I had to run another mile over flat ground to take on a force that made short work of my men as we had no cover. We diced them up a treat as well, but I had nothing left to take out the remaining enemies and the armour.

Desert Assault - For some reason my AT guys wouldn't open up on the BMP... but that's an AI prob I dare say. That made it hard to do anything because the BMP wouldn't go down.

You've got the basics down, but you need to work on getting those briefings up. If you've got an in-mission guide (other than the map) then the briefings aren't so important. You also need to think of location. Surroundings are important to the atmosphere and execution of a mission. Also, population is important. The enemy needs to patrol, a base needs to be set out etc.

But keep going. You'll only improve and we need heaps of good mission makers.

I am making a mission called the seige. But because I'm useless with things like briefings and camera's, I need someone help me add depth to it. It goes a little like this. You play an American platoon based at the Everon Airport and you hear of a seige by rogue,drunken russian forces at the village of St Pierre. They have slaughtered the police and have taken some civilians hostage. Since you are the only military presence availible at that time it is your job to respond to the call. The journey starts off at the airport. Where you board a 5t Truck and go down the road and board a chinook. Which takes you the rest of the way. To a police roadblock which you continue on foot. The main problem is that the journey is quite long and boring and I need some Ideas for entertainment. Maybe some voice acting or something like that will be most welcome.

nice one new. I can honestly say i enjoyed you missions smile.gif i too haven't got the skills to do breifings and cut scenes etc... so its refreshing to see some missions that haven't got them etc... (most of the cut scenes you get in user made missions are boring and tedious anyway). i like your missions.