Sign in to follow this  
philmante

Making a dam

hey i was wondering if anyone tried to make a dam for ofp like creat an island then make a building thats a dam or sumthin just a suggestion......

AFAIK you can not create a dam - you can't make lake with water surface above sea water surface. Height of water surface is constant.

AFAIK you can not create a dam - you can't make lake with water surface above sea water surface. Height of water surface is constant.

You want me to proof you are wrong?

Well just give me this clue:

YOu are wrong mate you can do it and a mod already did it.

who?

Lenin wink_o.gif

@Lenin: Dont believe me...See for your self:

Quote[/b] ]Talented addonmaker Status from ACR Mod is working on a surprising Lake addon, he already modelled some stuffs for it and is currently working on scripts to make the player swim and animate fishes. By the way he's looking for some help for thoses animations so send him an email! smile_o.gif

lake_1.jpg

lake_2s.jpg

lake_3s.jpg

lake_4s.jpg

lake_5s.jpg

lake_6s.jpg

wink_o.gif

Was that ever released?

Anyway, I think a dam could be a neat addon whether or not the water level was higher on one end. Especially if it had a road across the top, and and stuff inside it. There could be some neat bomb/capture/blow up the dam missions.

The thing about the waterfall is that im pretty sure (not positive) that all it was was a script that created particles to look like a waterfall i dont think there was any water above it. could be wrong though.

i thin k it was op phoneix was the one that created the water fall effects cuz if u look at theier latest video u will see it

AEF mod (not ADF) made the waterfall. It looked excellent. And a dam (with spillways using that sort of script) could be brilliant. Get to work then tounge_o.gif

oooh, yeah spillways would be cool. Especially if you could have boats like slowly drift towards them(for like save the idiot civvie's who ran out of gas type missions) biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gifwow_o.gif

Hey, I said AFAIK - so I wasn't sure.

I red about making island long long time ago...

It would be nice if BIS can get water animations and shit to work in a really nice way, you know, no unreal looking type of stuff.........

perhaps that addon water / swiming thing that the one guy made was taken in by........BIS? biggrin_o.gif

It would be nice if BIS can get water animations and shit to work in a really nice way, you know, no unreal looking type of stuff.........

perhaps that addon water / swiming thing that the one guy made was taken in by........BIS?  biggrin_o.gif

Nice Philosophie but i dont think Matthijs belongs to BIS tounge_o.gif

I also think that the guy who made the reflective water for Opflash, was also taken in by BIS, its all a scam I know it!  

I can see it now: Men in black suits walked into his house

blues.gif and beat him up, put a potato sack over his head, threw him in the van, then stuck him with a needle so he would go night night. He woke up later ducktaped to a chair, his own cubical, where he was forced into labor to make his reflective water for OFP2!!!

Or maybe they just payed him to be on the BIS team?

By the way, anyone mind linking me to the waterfall video perhaps?