Sign in to follow this  
The Frenchman

Socom:us navy seals

Guess so tounge_o.gif

Its a shame sega flopped as they had the best set up for going online with consoles rock.gif

Its a shame sega flopped as they had the best set up for going online with consoles  rock.gif

They had too many arcadish games. sad_o.gif

The real question is. Why would you need this game when there's OFP+BAS smile_o.gif.

FPS should be played on PC. No question at all about it. Plattformers,sports,fighting and racing belongs on console.

BM

The real question is. Why would you need this game when there's OFP+BAS smile_o.gif.

Socom has voice reconition technology,no lag and other abilities. wink_o.gif

Socom has voice reconition technology,no lag and other abilities. wink_o.gif

No lag? I doubt it. It always takes time for information from the box and server communicate with eachother. There might be no lag because the game was most likely optimized and play tested until they kinked out and made it as smooth as possible. PC Games also have voice recognition as well as voice comm(you can even download new programs that allow you to do this).

Every play Silent Hunter? Neat submarine game that you (can) control using a microphone.

Maybe I should have said little lag when playing with only the consule. crazy_o.gif

I really see no difference. I play alot of games online and there is little lag. Most of the time on my cable modem I have a 30-50 ping. I'm betting that the Xbox cable is probobly around the same range.

What about the game itself? I really thought the first SOCOM was fun to play and I cant wait to buy the second one. It is not like it is worse than CS. crazy_o.gif

Its PS2 only right sad_o.gif , the graphix dont look so hot but ive heard the first game was very good, i find it interesting, would buy it if i had a console smile_o.gif .

Theres nothing magical about console connections, they can suffer from lag just as much as PC ones; they use the same technology and same phone / cable lines.

And FPSs are crap on consoles.

No offense, Frenchman, but I hope you don't expect the OFP-community to take a game like socom serious  tounge_o.gif

It's on PS2 and it should stay there  wink_o.gif

nuff said smile_o.gif

I enjoyed it and its a good shooter, but thats about it.

I reckon it will get a whoppin by Ghost Recon Jungle Storm when it comes out though.

Island Thunder looks like a potential winner. I liked the first one but skipped the add-ons. For Close quarter style combat I think GR is one of the best available. Pity about the stupid team members, sort of ruined the game to me in the long term since I (almost)only play games solo.

BM

Its a shame sega flopped as they had the best set up for going online with consoles  rock.gif

They had too many arcadish games. sad_o.gif

thats wasn`t it rock.gif

Theres nothing magical about console connections, they can suffer from lag just as much as PC ones; they use the same technology and same phone / cable lines.

And FPSs are crap on consoles.

no they`re not smile_o.gif

I've had the displeasure of playing on Xbox live a few times, and the lag was so bad it was nearly intolerable most of the time crazy_o.gif XBConnect for Halo is worse, if you aren't hosting you will have an unplayable amout of lag.

That was news to me. What sort of connection/provider did he have?

I've heard that XBOX live is unusually lag free but maybe it's all about the provider used.

BM

"Dont you mean Island Thunder?"

No, I mean Jungle Storm.

The new one for Xbox is called Island Thunder, on the PS2 its called Jungle Storm.

FPS games are inherently better when controlled by a mouse and keyboard; if console FPS's could be played with a mouse and keyboard they would be better than present, ALTHOUGH they would still be confined to the tiny resolution of TV screens. So they are not as good as when on PC.