Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Ira units / terroists

Are there any?

Yes there are terrorists, mostly of asian decent.

Ill find a few good links here in a sec.

Have never seen any IRA units tho, although that seems like it could be the base of a interesting MOD.

I'm sure you want something more specific but the LDD Kyllikki missions page has an MP mission by Blake called "Rifles of the IRA".

It uses standard OFP civilians (and maybe resistance units) for IRA members. No addons required.

Yes there are terrorists, mostly of asian decent.

Ill find a few good links here in a sec.

Have never seen any IRA units tho, although that seems like it could be the base of a interesting MOD.

Lol....what does an IRA member look like??

IRA's just a bunch of skimask wearing civilians rock.gif

The civilians do just fine being our IRA representatives biggrin_o.gif

I have found that UCE:s troops are good general purpose use. He has Indian troops(they dont have any badges so you could use them for anything). He also has KLA etc.

Not that these would work for IRA. Wouldn't just civilian clothing do? There is this Resistance Guerilla pack that could possibly serve your purposes. They are armed with FN-FAL:s, Uzi:s etc which could fit your description.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.p....&page=3

(resistance guerillas)

I think they could fit your needs.

BM

tounge_o.gif hmmm...you're right,they dont really have a specific type of clothing.They are just terrorists. Useless question of mine.Thanks.

wink_o.gif Well, they werent really terrorists,except the fact that thye were fighting agaisnt the British.They wore usually black clad or dark olive drab color clothing.They actually formed Brigades. The conflict there in Ireland was about,like always, religion and much to my suprise, Prysbitarian and I think Protestant. Since Britain and Ireland border each other it was so much easier for the IRA to come across into Britain and do bombing missions,hence terrorists strikes. Unrest didnt seem to get worse until after the slaughter of some 20 to something odd number of I think either students or protesters by the British Army,which gave us the one of the most kick arse songs by U2,"Sunday Bloody Sunday".These, the IRA was formed which I think stands for Republic of Ireland Army,or something like that.hmmm.....

The Irish republican army.I.R.A. wink_o.gif

Heres a VERY handy addon for doing missions based on the troubles in Irland.Allso i suppose ud be intrested to know that my farther was sent out to irland when he was in the Army.Sadly the things he seen there still give him nightmares to this day,he lost his best mate out there and he had to pick the bodie parts up after bombs went of and stuff. sad_o.gif

shows what war can do to your mind.

any way heres the addon:

Gimbles Tossers

That sucks.

Nah, about what your pops went through.Sucks.But thats war for you.It aint prejudice.

Quote[/b] ]Lol....what does an IRA member look like??

IRA's just a bunch of skimask wearing civilians

The civilians do just fine being our IRA representatives

Yah civilians run around in civilian looking clothing, where as the IRa usually seen wearing camo pants and heavy jackets or all camo and ski masks.

And that can be said for terrorists to, saying they represent them just fine can be applied anywere. I was just stating that it would be neat if someone made a mod were it was realistic.

Most mods are just realisticly portraying something we could use civilians or east or west troops to represent.

_39358737_irish_203.jpg

Maybe you could use Resistance snipers as IRA troops - they are wearing cammo and balaclavas...just a thought...

Thats true.

Ya a IRA mod would be intresting,you have to think more about what your shooting as you couldnt jus go around shooting any old civilian.You would have to use ur head and your eyes to look for weapons and stuff.

Allso you could make it from the IRA point of veiw and have to plant bombs and stuff.

Ya a IRA mod would be intresting...you could make it from the IRA point of veiw and have to plant bombs and stuff.

How about someone makes a Palestinian-Israeli conflict mod where you're a suicide bomber and you have to find the most packed out shopping centre and kill as many innocent civilians as possible rock.gif That would be really fun wouldn't it?  mad_o.gif

Man THINK before you post mad_o.gif

Ya a IRA mod would be intresting...you could make it from the IRA point of veiw and have to plant bombs and stuff.

How about someone makes a Palestinian-Israeli conflict mod where you're a suicide bomber and you have to find the most packed out shopping centre and kill as many innocent civilians as possible rock.gif That would be really fun wouldn't it?  mad_o.gif

Man THINK before you post  mad_o.gif

Sorry,I dident mean to cause any offence.

Actually, someone made a Flash game where that was exactly what happens... crazy_o.gif

Hence the "Hamas Bomb" in your multiplayer game. unclesam.gif