Sign in to follow this  
eXor

Do i need the cold war crisis patches if i'm only

I installed Cold War Crisis then immediately installed Resistance and patched it to 1.91.

Today I tested it out in single player mission Ground Attack. Got in chopper and blew up the ambulance at base and got error message saying "Cannot load missions, missing addon: burningfire" I click it and I can continue playing.

Are there any critical files that get updated by the cold war patches and are used when playing resistance?

No, you don't need CWC patches and you should never install them after upgrading to Resistance.

BurningFire? Do you install the recent Explosions Mod addon? That might be it. Better yet, V1.2 of that addon may resolve this error.

Or am I just yapping in the wrong direction?

I installed the explosion mod yesterday. Can you believe I never knew ofp had smoke and explosion effects lol I think when i first started playing it i unchecked it because my computer was a lowly duron. Now I have an XP3000+ so this time I left it enabled and nearly fell off my seat. Having said that the smoke obscures targets so I'd probably leave it off so as not to be at a disadvantage online biggrin_o.gif

ya want realism don't ya??...leave the smoke on ya wussy...hahah...just kiddin X  tounge_o.gif

Hey wait does this mean MOST people turn off smoke effects online? Just for an advantage?

Hey wait does this mean MOST people turn off smoke effects online? Just for an advantage?

Don't rely on smoke for cover in MP. Search The FAQ for "smoke".